Code 36 on New 2019 Redshift EXR

SteveW

Hey, Guys.

I have a new 2019 Redshift EXR and Its displaying error code 36. The bike rides and charges fine.

I live in Walnut Creek, CA and I’m wondering if there is anyone in the Bay Area who might be able to help me repair the battery.

If not, is it risky to continue riding with this error code displayed?

Thanks!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Yikes. This might be the first 2019 EXR with code 36. Can you share what serial number your battery is? It's on a barcode sticker on the rearward upper part of the battery pack.

SteveW

When I plugged the bike in for the first time it displayed error code 103 and wouldn’t charge. I Used a different charger and plugged it into a different outlet and the bike Started charging with no problems - then the code 36 displayed.

Do I need to take the bike apart to see the battery serial number? I attached two pictures of the only barcodes I could see with the seat off.

Thanks for your help and interest.

DA8FF084-E78A-49EF-88F1-AD9C9A6045E5.jpeg

5085E602-9C99-4398-B590-2ED409760CAB.jpeg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I'm just down in San Ramon, if you'd like to plug the bike into MultiTool. But @Rashid510 is way more knowledgeable about the bikes than I am, so he's your better bet to actually fix something. Drop me PM if you'd like to use MT.

SteveW

I'm just down in San Ramon, if you'd like to plug the bike into MultiTool. But @Rashid510 is way more knowledgeable about the bikes than I am, so he's your better bet to actually fix something. Drop me PM if you'd like to use MT.
Thanks for reaching out. It’s nice to know you’re close by Incase the bike needs to be plugged in again. I’m scheduled to meet up with Rashid510 and i’ll keep you all updated on what we learn.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
If you take stuff apart, please take some pics or vids. We all want to learn the deep, dark mysteries of the innards of these beasts (without having to get our hands dirty, of course.)

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
If you take stuff apart, please take some pics or vids. We all want to learn the deep, dark mysteries of the innards of these beasts (without having to get our hands dirty, of course.)
Yeah, what he said. Just be careful, the insides of these things can kill you, and it will hurt the whole time you are dying.

SteveW

Thanks for all your help! @Rashid510

Here’s what I learned regarding the three 2019 EXR’s I own.

Code 36: Rashid510 met me with his multi tool and cleared the code. Since then i’ve Taken the bike to Carnegie two times and the bike has been performing great and the code 36 has yet to resurface. I’ll let you guys know if code 36 comes back to haunt me.

Rashid510 says the battery appears to be in good health so I’m hopeful.

Code 103: we were receiving this error when I was using one of my chargers to try and charge the other two bikes. Neither one of the other two bikes would take a charge from this charger.

Fortunately the issue resolved once Rashid510 updated the firmware on the bikes. Now all three bikes will take a charge regardless of the charger I’m using.

One last thing. I have decided to keep only two of the three 2019 EXR’s that are in my possession. The third one is still in the crate from the dealer and is brand new with only 8 DINO miles on it. Rashid510 hooked it up to the multi tool and says the battery appears to be performing near perfectly.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in purchasing the third bike let me know. I paid $11,500 plus shipping from North Carolina for it and the high speed charger was included in that price.

I’m loving the bikes, but I realized I don’t need three! Lol.

I consider these bikes my best purchase in a very long time because it’s ridiculous how fun they are to ride.

Thanks again Rashid510 for all your help and generosity.

Hmseelmann

Thanks for all your help! @Rashid510

Here’s what I learned regarding the three 2019 EXR’s I own.

Code 36: Rashid510 met me with his multi tool and cleared the code. Since then i’ve Taken the bike to Carnegie two times and the bike has been performing great and the code 36 has yet to resurface. I’ll let you guys know if code 36 comes back to haunt me.

Rashid510 says the battery appears to be in good health so I’m hopeful.

Code 103: we were receiving this error when I was using one of my chargers to try and charge the other two bikes. Neither one of the other two bikes would take a charge from this charger.

Fortunately the issue resolved once Rashid510 updated the firmware on the bikes. Now all three bikes will take a charge regardless of the charger I’m using.

One last thing. I have decided to keep only two of the three 2019 EXR’s that are in my possession. The third one is still in the crate from the dealer and is brand new with only 8 DINO miles on it. Rashid510 hooked it up to the multi tool and says the battery appears to be performing near perfectly.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in purchasing the third bike let me know. I paid $11,500 plus shipping from North Carolina for it and the high speed charger was included in that price.

I’m loving the bikes, but I realized I don’t need three! Lol.

I consider these bikes my best purchase in a very long time because it’s ridiculous how fun they are to ride.

Thanks again Rashid510 for all your help and generosity.
Hi

Is this Bike still available?
I am interested to buy. No tire Kicker. Money ready to be wired.

Cheers
Helm
778 222 9111