Code 33 service required just appeared on display.

UPDATE: the bike charges and seems to operate fine. The code is still there. I’ve ordered the cables for the multitool. While I wait for them I planned to undo and dry any connections I can find. Should I be wearing high voltage gloves for any of the connectors? Thanks, Adam
, I found the video to remove and install the battery that will show how to take off connectors. Those 2 connectors had moisture in mine after washing, that was the last time I sprayed water near the top of battery, no more thumb on the end of the hose in that area for me. After I dried them out the bike ran and charged but the Alta rep was coming to my house to check, and I do think he had to clear the code even though the problem was fixed, but not exactly sure if he did anything else, my wife was home and I was not and she did not ask many questions.

Trialsbikeadam

Great info! That video will be invaluable. I’m hoping to find the time soon to dig into the connections. Hopefully that cures it! But if not, we’ll go deeper when the multitool cables arrive. Thanks again! 😊

Trialsbikeadam

I cleaned and dried all the connections I could get to. There was no visible moisture in any of them. I put it back together and the code is still there. I guess I’m stuck till I get the multitool up and running. Can you delete fault codes through multitool? Thanks, Adam64CB432A-9A43-4F53-AE5A-85F7342C8A48.jpeg22D64ECF-E910-4556-8381-0C6BFD5D2BE2.jpeg

Trialsbikeadam

Yes, but I would encourage you to be very careful. Code 33 is the one code that can kill you if it is real. Clear the code only after having checked you don't actually have an isolation issue.
If I clear the the code and it doesn’t return it should be ok correct? If I clear it and it returns then I have a real issue?

Trialsbikeadam

UPDATE: I received the cables and downloaded the multitool software. Now I’m unable to get the bike to connect to multitool. My computer knowledge is shaky at best so I’m not sure how/if I got the drivers for the canusb installed correctly. Does the bike need to be on? I’ve tried both ways with no success. Thanks Adam

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Are you using Virtual Box? Follow my "Use of Multitool" video and it explains how to pass the USB connection over to the virtual machine.

Trialsbikeadam

@Trialsbikeadam, were you able to fully resolve your Code 33 issue?
Sorry for the slow update on this! I had surgery and then got an infection so I haven’t been on the bike in quite some time, still not! So I got the multitool up and going and was able to delete the code 33. I loaned the bike to a friend to test out and after about 50 miles the code had not come back! Figured it was fixed. Then one day about 2 weeks ago I walked by and keyed the bike on just for fun and the code was BACK! I haven’t had time to even think about digging back into this thing but I guess that’s what needs to happen. I was going to post something here hoping to find a direction to go.

Miles Prower

Sorry for the slow update on this! I had surgery and then got an infection...

Yikes! I hope you're fully recovered!

I've got a Code 33 on my SM. None of its lights will turn on, and it won't charge. (The display seems to be the only low-voltage item that hasn't had its power cut off.) I'm waiting for the CANBUS cable/dongles I ordered to arrive, before I try to diagnose what's going on.

Trialsbikeadam

Yikes! I hope you're fully recovered!

I've got a Code 33 on my SM. None of its lights will turn on, and it won't charge. (The display seems to be the only low-voltage item that hasn't had its power cut off.) I'm waiting for the CANBUS cable/dongles I ordered to arrive, before I try to diagnose what's going on.
Thanks man! It’s just about over, I’ll be back riding shortly! Mine runs and operates fine it just has the code. Since it the high voltage isolation code it has me worried. Let’s keep in touch and see if we can’t get this resolved!!!