CODE 33 BUT NO ISSUES SHOWING

JOEY55

CODE 33 BUT MY 2017 REDSHIFT STILL CHARGES AND SHOWS NO SIGNS ON ANY PROBLEMS.
I HAVE READ ITS A HIGH VOLTAGE CODE AT SOME POINT BUT ANY INPUT ON WHAT I CAN DO IF ITS CHARGING AND RUNNING FINE?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

snydes

Staff member
I had to refresh my memory on past code 33 discussions, it’s not one we see a lot. The few that I found were either related to BCU issues or as stated in THIS post water in the charging port. Since it sounds like it hasn’t gone away on its own from charging, it might not be that easy. The first and only next step to diagnosing problems with these bikes is to get it hooked up to a diagnostic laptop. There is a ton of information on “multitool” and how to set up a laptop yourself on this site, or you have to travel and find someone who has one already set up.

For future reference, try not to type in all caps, for those of us who spend way too much time on forums it’s a bit of a pet peeve.

Keep us posted.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Code 33 - Potential Isolation fault. Could be due to issues with the DCCP, or more likely the harness between the DCCP and the deltawing (black plastic w/key).

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The first and only next step to diagnosing problems with these bikes is to get it hooked up to a diagnostic laptop. There is a ton of information on “multitool” and how to set up a laptop yourself on this site, or you have to travel and find someone who has one already set up.

At the moment, the instructions we have for setting up MultiTool are no longer working correctly. Some of the versions for the prerequisites have been updated, so the MultiTool install is not finding the correct versions of some components to finish installing. Until someone smarter than myself (in Linux and Python) can tweak the instructions a bit to get it to work again, I don’t think anyone will be installing MultiTool with the current instructions.

TeslaRaptor

At the moment, the instructions we have for setting up MultiTool are no longer working correctly. Some of the versions for the prerequisites have been updated, so the MultiTool install is not finding the correct versions of some components to finish installing. Until someone smarter than myself (in Linux and Python) can tweak the instructions a bit to get it to work again, I don’t think anyone will be installing MultiTool with the current instructions.

I am working my network of techies to see who can help get the python/linux dependencies resolved....so Fyi that I am putting some energy into fixing that. Note: I seem to be mechanically challenged....so trying to add value to the forum where I can. ;-)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you everyone. Is anyone aware of someone with Multitool in Arizona?
I am in Lake Havasu City. Planning to be in Peoria on February 22 for a riding school with AJ Catanzaro.

Last time I tried to use my Multi-Tool, it was so slow that I gave up. I will try again later this month. Too busy with work for the next three weeks.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I am working my network of techies to see who can help get the python/linux dependencies resolved....so Fyi that I am putting some energy into fixing that. Note: I seem to be mechanically challenged....so trying to add value to the forum where I can. ;-)
1606942203895.png

JOEY55

I am in Lake Havasu City. Planning to be in Peoria on February 22 for a riding school with AJ Catanzaro.

Last time I tried to use my Multi-Tool, it was so slow that I gave up. I will try again later this month. Too busy with work for the next three weeks.

I live in Peoria . If it is working and you are able to help that would be great.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Even if my slow MultiTool still works, we would need help probably from @Rashid510 to figure out what is going on and where to look. I am not a pro with MultiTool or electrical.

@C5tor -- Do you still loan laptops? This could save Joey almost 3 months.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
FYI this could be as simple as a code clear (HV Isolation could have been tripped on accident, and need to be cleared in MT). @Philip once everyone is available/together just let me know, ill figure out scheduling.

Im a big fan of TeamViewer, works really well on older laptops and helps review data faster. I use it quite a lot for diagnosing members bikes in other states since I cant travel...

TeslaRaptor

what is the best way to facilitate the loaner and having the code cleared or identified to make sure it is just needing a clear?
thanks again

I would expect by the end of the weekend that we will again have MultiTool building/able-to-do-installs. You can read the Thread in the Resources on the h/w you need to connect to the bike...and the s/w will again be installable. So that is another option rather than PM'ing @C5tor to setup the loaner.