Code 103

gmckenna2015

Alta has been working great with no problems until now. Took bike out riding, came back and plugged it into charger and got code 103. Came anyone tell me what could be causing this? Little history, bought bike new over a year ago with the rapid charger. Bike has worked perfect until now, battery is at 1 bar no warnings on. The bike for some reason just doesn`t want to charge. I am doing everything the same way I always do it, same plug, same charger. As soon as the charging cycle starts it stops and says code 103. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Alta has been working great with no problems until now. Took bike out riding, came back and plugged it into charger and got code 103. Came anyone tell me what could be causing this? Little history, bought bike new over a year ago with the rapid charger. Bike has worked perfect until now, battery is at 1 bar no warnings on. The bike for some reason just doesn`t want to charge. I am doing everything the same way I always do it, same plug, same charger. As soon as the charging cycle starts it stops and says code 103. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Code 103 is related to an issue with the Charger ground and the DCCP not liking the pre-charge voltage between both sides. Usually its low enough to engage safely and close contactors. We fixed this issue with a firmware update and there have been quite a few MXR/EXRs with this running issue. Update the DCCP firmware to get this issue rectified.

gmckenna2015

The Code 103 is related to an issue with the Charger ground and the DCCP not liking the pre-charge voltage between both sides. Usually its low enough to engage safely and close contactors. We fixed this issue with a firmware update and there have been quite a few MXR/EXRs with this running issue. Update the DCCP firmware to get this issue rectified.
Thank you so much for the great information. With Alta being out of business how can I update the DCCP firmware?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Thank you so much for the great information. With Alta being out of business how can I update the DCCP firmware?

You need Multitool in order to update the bike with the correct FW. If your unable to update yourself, there are a few of us in the bay area who can help out. Im up in South SF and on weekends am in San Jose.

gmckenna2015

You need Multitool in order to update the bike with the correct FW. If your unable to update yourself, there are a few of us in the bay area who can help out. Im up in South SF and on weekends am in San Jose.
How can I get the Multitool set-up? Can I but the cables and software needed? I would hate to bug you during the week or on a weekend to update the firmware on the bike. The bike is a 2019 MXR, I figured it would have the latest firmware because bike was purchased just a few weeks before they closed down.