Code 103.....again

zootie

Had this problem several months ago & by changing the outlet at home seemed to correct this. Just tried to charge bike yesterday (regular charger) & now this same code came up. Bike had about 1/2 charge on it. Tried another outlet but still no good. Anyone have another idea? The bike is so much fun

zootie

Still can't charge the bike. Is there a relay from the key that could be causing this? Don't know why I'm having this problem again. It charged ok when we used a different circuit in the house. Now all of a sudden the same 103 code...had ridden the bike 3 days over the Labor Day weekend & charged fine each evening, but since the last ride it won't charge. So upsetting...we have a standard charger...any other ideas?

Motophyllic

I just had a code 103 today on my MXR when using the rapid charger for my EXR. I tried the rapid charger for my MXR and Code went away. I then tried the slow charger for the EXR and Code went away. I only get the code when I use the rapid charger from my EXR on my MXR. I don’t understand why.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Still can't charge the bike. Is there a relay from the key that could be causing this? Don't know why I'm having this problem again. It charged ok when we used a different circuit in the house. Now all of a sudden the same 103 code...had ridden the bike 3 days over the Labor Day weekend & charged fine each evening, but since the last ride it won't charge. So upsetting...we have a standard charger...any other ideas?

There is no relay on the key. The signal from the key goes to the DCCP. Was the FW on the bike updated?

This may have fallen through the cracks but there was a FW update to the DCCP which possibly fixed this issue. If bikes are not updated...can create this issue.

zootie

Hey @zootie , I know I'm not exactly close to you (NE corner of CT), but I can update your bike for you and check your charger if you don't get it sorted out on your own.
wow....nice offer! I tried again today just for laughs & now instead of a code 103 I got a code 100 which I don't see on the fault code list. Any idea? I may be contacting you soon

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
to me sounds like issue with charger or connection to bike - check pin connections secure, bent pins?

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Well, it's time to bring the bike and charger, with bottle of wine, to your favorite neighbor and kindly explain you want to borrow a cup of electricity. If it works, the issue is house related. If not, it's a charger issue. I think we can find a couple people here that are willing to test out your charger if thats the case

zootie

Well, it's time to bring the bike and charger, with bottle of wine, to your favorite neighbor and kindly explain you want to borrow a cup of electricity. If it works, the issue is house related. If not, it's a charger issue. I think we can find a couple people here that are willing to test out your charger if thats the case
Well.....have tried my husbands' other 2 chargers-no good. We also tried at our local track that has electricity that we can be directly plugged in to. We also tried our generator (we have a Fun Mover RV) but nothing works. At the track 2 weeks ago we were able to fully charge it 3 days in a row.