Code 007 isolation

Mikec265

I finally got the laptop hooked up.

Issue #1- 35% battery on the laptop and it came with the wrong charger.

Issue#2- the bottom left corner of multitool says ""limited features without Alta diagnostic dongle"

Am I going to be able to check and clear the codes 33 and 35, or see what the battery is doing?

Do I need the Alta dongle?

Going to shut the laptop down to conserve laptop energy and watch the videos...

1625801272882791652410108522867.jpg

Mike -

I would be interested in the Alta Vault please!.

Also, reading through, it seems like you have both cables needed to communicate with the bike yes?, so you have the cable from 'lapper and the CAN2USB.

If the program is not seeing the cable and giving you a "limited features without Alta diagnostic dongle" click on the USB tab and make sure that you have selected the LAWICEL option (or what ever brand cable you have) then go down to the bottom right (all in multitool this is) and click on the USB icon, and also select it here to be safe, one its loaded up and selected your CAN2USB should start flashing Green/Red (little L.E.D's inside the case) and should be working. If not, and sometimes this happens for me also, re-start multitool and on the start screen when it goes through all the start process it will say that it "finds" the cable - ok.
Sometimes i have to do all this once more for it to work, or just re-start the multitool program again.

Ride report on the GasGas as and when!.

Mark911

You should have one of these CAN adapters between the two cables. If you do and it's still not communicating, your computer isn't recognizing the adapter. Follow #76 advice.

IMG_5244[1].JPG

Mikec265

76 advice it is. Thank you. Gonna be a day or two before I do anything else. Gotta go do fun stuff for my youngest 3rd birthday today.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Was the bike turned on? If not, you will not get any signal.

Here's what it should look like if it is communicating with the bike. (This is an actual pic of the laptop you are using talking to a bike.) There should be 12 tabs across the top. If it is not communicating, you only get like 3 or 4.

1625844759502.png

Mikec265

Was the bike turned on? If not, you will not get any signal.

Here's what it should look like if it is communicating with the bike. (This is an actual pic of the laptop you are using talking to a bike.) There should be 12 tabs across the top. If it is not communicating, you only get like 3 or 4.

View attachment 7389
Ok. I'll try some different things in a day or two when I get time.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Just as a refresher on hooking up the bike.

I describe the three parts of the cable here (at 5:23 mark)

Connecting the cables starts at 8:38 (yes, I ramble!)

Starting Multitool with and without the bike on (14:27)

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The adapter has 3 parts. See pic. When plugged into both the bike and computer, there should be a light on inside the canbus adapter.

However, when reviewing my vids above, I did notice that even if the bike was off, I got all 12 tabs if the adapter was detected. They just didn’t have data. The screen Mike is getting seems to indicate it is not seeing the canbus adapter at all.

FYI, Mike is running straight Ubuntu, not running under windows. So the USB options you would see when running under a virtual machine in Windows are not available.

97E2B611-1032-4C14-BEC9-E06BC92C5E34.jpeg

1625847940789.png

Mikec265

Failed to load the BCU module, whatever that means.

Not sure what to do from here. Codes 33 and 35 are still showing up, but the bike seems to operate fine.

How do I get the two codes fixed or cleared?

IMG_20210710_123857127.jpg

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Use the loader tab instead. Click Open and then select the firmware package (.zip file). After you open the file, if Multitool shows "waiting for target", turn the key off until the blue light on top of the battery stops blinking and then turn the key back on. The process should start after that.