Circuit breaker lifespan

Motophyllic

Does anyone know if I will wear out the circuit breaker for the headlight if I repeatedly trip it?

Motophyllic

I’m trying to put a switch on the headlight to turn it off. Definitely a self generated problem, but I really want to be able to turn that light off.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I as well normally ride off road with the headlight off only enabling during dual sport road riding
How I do it?
there is enough room behind headlight mask to get your hands in & manually plug/un plug the OE headlight
I've yet to experience any side effects doing this...

Trialsman

I just got done doing that to my '19 EXR. I put a waterproof toggle switch beside the display. I cut the ground (black) wire near the bulb and ran it to the switch to make it part of the circuit. Normally the main light (either beam) will be off and only the daylight running light (now LED) will be on. If I need the headlight I will do a keycycle with the switch now on and the headlight operates as normal along with the LED. Works well in the garage, now if I can only get out there and ride it.

Motophyllic

I rigged up wires for the high beam, low beam, and ground to see what would happen for each individual wire. If you put a switch on the low beam it will trip the breaker but you’ll still have access to your high beam without a key cycle if you flip to it. I might just leave it at that and just use the high low beam switch to turn on and off the headlight.

81A4C524-90D3-418E-AA33-BE0D3D37C4A5.jpeg