charging complete?

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
will the bike display report once charging is complete?

it seems when charging my bike battery display shows full but 'charging' is still displayed for quite some time - so went riding.....

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The pump keeps running to cool the battery and even out the internal heat that was caused by the charging. Let it do its job, if you are not in a hurry.

snydes

Staff member
The pump keeps running to cool the battery and even out the internal heat that was caused by the charging. Let it do its job, if you are not in a hurry.

I thought we established that there is no coolant circulating in the battery...

metallic88

I thought we established that there is no coolant circulating in the battery...
there is no coolant in the battery, and due to that the heatsink on the a battery gets really hot while charging Ive been thinking about putting a fan on there(or milling a better heatsink to attach to it), the r battery looks like they use a bigger heatsink. the coolant keeps the electronics(inverter etc) cool since they're running to keep an eye on the battery. but for the original question yes if the key is on the display will say charging is done and then everything will be quiet like before you turned it on.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
For reference, it is normal for electric vehicles to "keep charging" even though the pack seems to be full. In general, vehicles will balance the pack, run diagnostics, etc... during that time.
Sounds important think I’ll cool my jets next time

strider

Sounds important think I’ll cool my jets next time
Well, don't let it spoil a ride. You definitely need to let it sit and balance sometimes but not every time. You should have no qualms about halting it mid-charge or at the top of a charge. The BMS can handle it no problem - it takes numerous cycles to start getting out of balance and such. Just whenever you get back and settled (like on Sunday night) let it do a full charge and let it sit to balance.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
To answer my Question charge display on the screen briefly displays charging complete then shut down ha ha and youll also noticed the fan on the charger inverter turns off