Changing front sprocket

Mark S.

Say you were getting 20 miles before your battery went dead if you change to a 14 front sprocket would that change how many miles you will get for your battery went dead

Jared

Say you were getting 20 miles before your battery went dead if you change to a 14 front sprocket would that change how many miles you will get for your battery went dead
If you replace the front sprocket with one that has more teeth your bike’s odometer will record less distance than the distance you actually travelled. I don’t know for sure, but I think if most of your riding is above 45mph and you don’t do a lot of stops or sudden starts/accelerations, then a bigger front sprocket will give you a greater range.

wwmotors

I think, there is no change in range, because range is a 99% matter of speed and driving style, but no matter of enginerevs! The effect is in my opinion the other way round: The higher You rev, the more voltage (V) the engine gets, the lower You rev, the more current (A) is flowing. Higher current means more losses in energy into heat. So i would try higher engine revs than lower! So dont compare consumtion with carburating engines!