Chain Sliders and Alta parts, dealer only?

racer726

We definitely need this part. For the stock sliders it is only a matter of time that the chain will loosen up and the slider will break. This would be a safe bet project for you. We could either buy a batch, or you could sell them on this site.

That's what I was thinking too. Build up the stock slider with some foam covered with epoxy to fill the gap to the swing arm. Then make a mold from it. Would this work?

Autobody filler works well to build up old sliders. Some type of epoxy might work as well. Once finished, they will be available on our site and ebay. Let me know.

snydes

Staff member
Autobody filler works well to build up old sliders. Some type of epoxy might work as well. Once finished, they will be available on our site and ebay. Let me know.

We would do that all the time with molds for metal castings... build them up with “bondo” and shape them as needed.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I would take a lead on this, if @Fog 25 sends me his new slider. I am also in Michigan, 2-hour drive from Hot Foot Moto. I will be in Arizona in December with my Alta, but I will be able to make a prototype and then mail it or deliver it to Hot Foot.

evh1

I'm in for a chain slider if made.
I put a substantial order into my dealer for Alta parts from them...I'll know tomorrow how successful that effort is and will report.

racer726

I had a chance to take a look at the front chain slider to reproduce. It should be an easy pour. The OEM material is terrible for a chain slider. Way too brittle and hard. Our polyurethane will last much longer than the stock part. It won't crumble or crack either. I have to 3d print a few plugs for the bolt holes, but I should be able to have it ready within a month if all goes well.

Fog 25

I had a chance to take a look at the front chain slider to reproduce. It should be an easy pour. The OEM material is terrible for a chain slider. Way too brittle and hard. Our polyurethane will last much longer than the stock part. It won't crumble or crack either. I have to 3d print a few plugs for the bolt holes, but I should be able to have it ready within a month if all goes well.
I think with different material it would hold up better. The two places I think need renforcement is around the front bottom and next to the rear bottom bolt.

A92D790D-6C85-4D28-90D0-4125D0F98161.jpeg

racer726

Let me know if you are going to do that. I can put this on hold. I think the stock slider in a better material would be sufficient. I've never seen a worse front slider material. It's almost like holding ceramic.

Top Bottom