Chain Sliders and Alta parts, dealer only?

Pavetim

I wss wanting to stock up on chain guide and slider parts, just in case cant get them later. Are these only dealer items or do you guys know of any aftermarket ones?

Pavetim

Just the 1? When you say chain slider, i know the Alta is different but do you mean the part that wraps around the swing arn or the part on the bottom side that pivots?

banned

This is what Alta considers the swingarm chain slider. Wraps around the front of the swingarm. I do only have one left

datadog

Japanese suppliers would call the front pat a 'chain buffer' and the rear a 'chain guide.' The front part is a disaster, something Alta was planning to change in the future. The rear guide can be replaced with a guide from a 2014 KTM 250.

Speedkills

Japanese suppliers would call the front pat a 'chain buffer' and the rear a 'chain guide.' The front part is a disaster, something Alta was planning to change in the future. The rear guide can be replaced with a guide from a 2014 KTM 250.

This is going to become our most important resource, a list of which parts can be sourced from which bikes. Thanks for adding to the list.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
This is what we need! Thanks @racer726! Maybe you can improve on the design. Somewhere on this forum is a picture of a computer monitor with an updated design. That might be useful.

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
I would need to have a 3D printed part from that design in my hand to copy. We pull a mold from the original part.
If the part were modified appropriately in the corect area prior to pulling the mold would that work? What would an appropriate material to build up the correct area before sending it to you?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I would need to have a 3D printed part from that design in my hand to copy. We pull a mold from the original part.
We definitely need this part. For the stock sliders it is only a matter of time that the chain will loosen up and the slider will break. This would be a safe bet project for you. We could either buy a batch, or you could sell them on this site.
If the part were modified appropriately in the correct area prior to pulling the mold would that work? What would an appropriate material to build up the correct area before sending it to you?
That's what I was thinking too. Build up the stock slider with some foam covered with epoxy to fill the gap to the swing arm. Then make a mold from it. Would this work?

Top Bottom