Broken display - solution?

bluefxstc

Just something I noticed this on the charger box. It says "LeeMAH Electronics". I googled it and they do end-to-end electronics manufacturing. Wonder if they made the display also?

Printed Circuit Board Assembly - Brisbane, California - LeeMAH Electronics, Inc.
View attachment 1599
Good catch, especially since they are virtually right next door to Alta. Here is what their website says about their work in transportation (I changed the text color):
  • Railroad Industry Radio Communications and Camera Systems
  • Vehicle Automatic Train Controls (VATC)
  • MUX Antenna Potted Cable Systems
  • Wayside Multiplexer Systems
  • Electric Vehicle Charging Systems
  • Bus Vehicle Destination Sign Systems
  • Peer-to-Peer Car-Sharing Systems
  • City Buses
  • Unmanned Delivery Drones
  • Fare Collection Systems
  • Communications Interface Units (CIU)
  • Transit Signal Priority Systems
  • Electric Scooter Sharing Systems
  • Electric Bike Lighting
  • Shared Fleet Management Systems for corporate, government and universities

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Good catch, especially since they are virtually right next door to Alta. Here is what their website says about their work in transportation (I changed the text color):
  • Railroad Industry Radio Communications and Camera Systems
  • Vehicle Automatic Train Controls (VATC)
  • MUX Antenna Potted Cable Systems
  • Wayside Multiplexer Systems
  • Electric Vehicle Charging Systems
  • Bus Vehicle Destination Sign Systems
  • Peer-to-Peer Car-Sharing Systems
  • City Buses
  • Unmanned Delivery Drones
  • Fare Collection Systems
  • Communications Interface Units (CIU)
  • Transit Signal Priority Systems
  • Electric Scooter Sharing Systems
  • Electric Bike Lighting
  • Shared Fleet Management Systems for corporate, government and universities
Awesome! They are now closed, but someone with a broken display should call them on Monday at 415-394-1288.

autohog

I think I need the Version 2. I have a MX and use a PoliSport Lookos headlight with it's own battery pack. The Lookos has outputs for taillights and brake lights, kinda a neat system. I couldn't use the headlight and this guard at the same time.
You could if he designed it to mount behind the bars

autohog

I'll rework this design to be a 3D printed part, available by anyone, to be printed at Shapeways.com in any material of their choice.
I put something together too... folded/nested stainless sheet metal with a heavy poly-carbonate lens.
I wasn't liking the idea of connecting some big brick to my triple clamp mounts and risking breaking those off in a crash, so this is designed to just wrap the display unit, using the existing flimsy mount, although, in the event of a crash, the display should be well protected.

Build and fit news to follow.

View attachment 1590

View attachment 1591

View attachment 1592

View attachment 1593
Awesome, really like the light weight design! Would you mind incorporating a mount to mount the unit behind the bars similar to what this gentleman did.

F1A12D92-77F2-4F92-BA4E-330F4798C603.png

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
Awesome, really like the light weight design! Would you mind incorporating a mount to mount the unit behind the bars similar to what this gentleman did.

View attachment 1624
For sure. All good ideas and it will just take some time to get something modeled up. I have little kids at home so it's like time goes by much slower than normal people :)

privateer703

AOF Addict
I've been working on a display guard to mount behind the steering wheel, clamped to the handlebar. All of these look pretty nice, but I just can't leave the display unprotected. So here is my design in process. Individual pieces are not fully designed (missing holes in the faceplate, not mounting bolts yet), but this is for the most part what I plan on making. 1/8" neoprene rubber spacers are intended to isolate the display from contacting the aluminum housing. I just noticed a typo in my exploded view, the gasket isolating the polycarbonate from the display is 1/16" thick, not 1/6".Alta_Display_Guard.jpg