Brake pedal tip

Scooter584

I didn't take any as I went I was just in my zone ha didn't think about it till afterwards just in case someone else wanted to. I could take it off and get a pic

Scooter584

This is what I did to leave as much material as possible. Put the pedal in a vise just like it mounts on the bike, cut off the tip (vertical cut) so what you have left is the remaining part of the tip that is molded with the lever part. I backed out the two remaining grip pins and lined up the tip and made that cut, then drilled and tapped some holes.

Motoride

I wanted to do the same thing but have lowered the pegs and The pedal height is higher. Any way to get another taller cam to lower pedal height.?

Trialsman

This might solve both your issues. I lowered my pegs and replaced the brake tip. This picture shows a side view with several key features;
Note lowered pegs about 1-1/2"
Brake tip replaced.
Round stop behind brake larger diameter to drop brake pedal.
Extra return spring to help pedal return.
Brake "snake" to prevent broken tips.
Delrin washer machined to press into sight glass window - boot wear.IMG_6859.jpg

Trialsman

These two images show a close up of the tip. The original was milled off at the angle determined by where I wanted the pedal due to the lowered pegs. I drilled and tapped two holes for installation of the tip onto the stub end.IMG_6860.jpgIMG_6861.jpg

Trialsman

A piece of coated stainless wire is connected from the tip to the frame with enough slack for full pedal activation.

Trialsman

They were an aluminum pair from eBay (I believe from a Yamaha). I cut them apart and TIGed them with a lowering plate which I cut and fit. I guess they are custom, but I do it for all my bikes.

Oded

I use the Fastway pegs. They have adjustable height. Put them in the lower position.

Motoride

Those are great photos, I too have the fastway...The round stop for pedal adjustment is maxed out and I like to lower the pedal more flush..so maybe I just need to make a different offset cam (round stop)

DE90D6D3-7BAA-4E84-B32B-5A9ECA16C0BD.jpeg

Trialsman

Yes that is what I did. Simple to turn on a lathe. In some cases I had to go so far that there was no travel left on the master cylinder plunger. To compensate, I shortened the overall length of the plunger by trimming it.

Trialsman

The next problem, if you go lower, will be that the pedal will hit the peg mount when fully depressed. There is enough stock to mill or grind your clearance but you will have to re-powder coat the mount so it doesn't rust ( it is the Alta steel piece).

Yuppiekleine

Perhaps it needs a day or two to get fully used to it, but the fastest and most practical way for the Alta is the left hand rear brake.
One of the big advantages of this system is that you can still operate the bike without having any foot near the pegs.
In my case it made right hand turns much more confident, easier to throw the bike around, if I would be you, I would try it out before spending too much time on foot operated brake. By the way: great pictures and work on the brake. 👍