Brake Mod and Foot Pegs

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
The pegs and brake pedal on the 2017 models are pretty notorious for being not so grippy. Pegs were pretty straight forward, and for the brake pedal tip I used M4 pedal pins that are quite cheap at any decent bicycle store.

As an added bonus, I made a new pedal adjust cam for added adjustment range, which I needed to get the pedal where I needed with 5mm lower pegs. s1200_20180221_173944.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Silent!

That's a pretty grippy looking rear brake pedal tip. Thank you for sharing. Good to know that there is an easy fix for those short and slippery stock tip pins.

I think my Tusk foot pegs are using the same pins. I posted a picture here: http://altaownersforum.com/threads/tusk-foot-pegs-on-an-alta.37/

I like the fancy CNC machined cam too! You might be able to get away with using just two hands instead of three when adjusting that brake pedal height.

I would be careful with installing lowered foot pegs on the Alta. They are already about 40mm lower than the pegs on any other bike, which means that you feet are more likely to catch onto or hit various things. If someone makes raised pegs, I would consider them.

Fod

Hey Silent!
What pegs are those your running? I tried putting my 2015 YX250F pegs on my Redshift and they fit perfect but the angle is off a bit. Front of peg is angled down more. I need to run handicap pegs since I ruptured my Achilles tendon a year ago.

The pegs and brake pedal on the 2017 models are pretty notorious for being not so grippy. Pegs were pretty straight forward, and for the brake pedal tip I used M4 pedal pins that are quite cheap at any decent bicycle store.

As an added bonus, I made a new pedal adjust cam for added adjustment range, which I needed to get the pedal where I needed with 5mm lower pegs. View attachment 26

Oded

I replaced the stock EX footpegs with the fastway Evo 3 footpegs in their lowboy position.
The atock pegs, did just fine, and I felt comfortable on the bike ( I am tall at 1.9m). Since I had the fastway pegs already, decided to give them a go..

Fod

Cool...so which model is your evo pegs designed for?

I replaced the stock EX footpegs with the fastway Evo 3 footpegs in their lowboy position.
The atock pegs, did just fine, and I felt comfortable on the bike ( I am tall at 1.9m). Since I had the fastway pegs already, decided to give them a go..

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
Hey Silent!
What pegs are those your running? I tried putting my 2015 YX250F pegs on my Redshift and they fit perfect but the angle is off a bit. Front of peg is angled down more. I need to run handicap pegs since I ruptured my Achilles tendon a year ago.
Mine are by DRC, yzf250 model

Scooter584

Finally got my brake pedal done, need better pins still. Also put on Acerbis footpeg covers and stock YZ pegs with better springs. No more lodging the peg up with dirt from ruts

IMG_20190310_142146.jpg

IMG_20190310_135932.jpg

IMG_20190310_135951.jpg