Bladder kit for Mxr 2018/2019 WP shock. That is the same size and dimensions as the stock WP shock reservoir. K-Teck makes it

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Hey @Warren, Tony at REP can also install the Ktech bladder kit on the MX style shock, albeit it does rub *just* a hair on the subframe at full compression. I'm about to drop off my REP / Dal Soggio suspension to him to freshen up.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
What is the improvement with the bladder installed?

Performance wise it should be the same, so long as you don't have a sticky piston. If the piston can't move, you run into bleeding issues and shock fade. With a bladder system, the bleed process is pretty easy.

One benefit of a bladder system is that it typically has a normal schrader valve, so no special needle tool is needed. But all you need to do with the stock canister is remove the needle and tap threads for a standard schrader valve and you're golden. @Mark911 did that on my shock back before supercross futures last year when we stiffened up the valve stack for the first time.

It just barely clears the subframe without the valve cap on

IMG_20200127_130512.jpg

Warren

What is the improvement with the bladder installed?
Better more compliant in shutter bumps basically reacts to rocks roots better than with the floating Piston set up . They claim it also runs cooler because it has less friction but I don’t know about that maybe

Warren

Better more compliant in shutter bumps basically reacts to rocks roots better than with the floating Piston set up . They claim it also runs cooler because it has less friction but I don’t know about that maybe