Bike won’t wake up - BCU Repair

Wnuudiction

I went to go ride my quarantine track today, charged the bike last night, but ignition doesn’t turn on the display. Change the 9 volt?? Any thoughts?

FFAB66D7-A737-4B21-9FC1-C3C235B0B68D.jpeg

Wnuudiction

Any update on this?
Sadly, I’ve been caught up, I have the frame off and will replace the 9 v tomorrow and see if that fixes it. You’d think with our economy imploded in Hawaii and my work cut back 90% I would have finished but now! My real problem is I still have a 2 stroke so my riding needs have still been filled, much to the neighbors irritation.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Sadly, I’ve been caught up, I have the frame off and will replace the 9 v tomorrow and see if that fixes it. You’d think with our economy imploded in Hawaii and my work cut back 90% I would have finished but now! My real problem is I still have a 2 stroke so my riding needs have still been filled, much to the neighbors irritation.

When you say frame, do you mean skidframe? Accessing the 9V is a pain in the ACM, but it can be done with the battery and skidframe still installed. Just have to unplug the harnesses (LV and HV) and wiggle down the ACM to get to the door.

Wnuudiction

When you say frame, do you mean skidframe? Accessing the 9V is a pain in the ACM, but it can be done with the battery and skidframe still installed. Just have to unplug the harnesses (LV and HV) and wiggle down the ACM to get to the door.
Really, yeah I was following the Alta video, I’ll try that first, thanks. And yeah that’s as far as I got yesterday, cleaning the bike, strapping it to a skid, removing the skid frame and unplugging the high and low connectors.

Wnuudiction

Back together with new 9 volt battery, still nothing when I turn the key. No display, no water pump, nothing. I disconnected the ignition and sprayed electrical cleaner in the connector, nothing.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Back together with new 9 volt battery, still nothing when I turn the key. No display, no water pump, nothing. I disconnected the ignition and sprayed electrical cleaner in the connector, nothing.

What was the voltage of the 9V you took out? I know there was chatter about the 9V but which one did you end up using?

Wnuudiction

What was the voltage of the 9V you took out? I know there was chatter about the 9V but which one did you end up using?
Ugh, I gotta find it, I ignorantly thought it was just gonna be fixed, amateur mistake. My bike did flash a code months ago, I can’t remember if it was a 33 or a 36 l, post reading the forum too much after it died I have gotten confused about which it was, anyway, it cleared itself months ago, or was covered by the 9 volt service. Will a multitool work on a dead bike?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Ugh, I gotta find it, I ignorantly thought it was just gonna be fixed, amateur mistake. My bike did flash a code months ago, I can’t remember if it was a 33 or a 36 l, post reading the forum too much after it died I have gotten confused about which it was, anyway, it cleared itself months ago, or was covered by the 9 volt service. Will a multitool work on a dead bike?

Unfortunately MT will not work on a dead bike. Needs power for the can loop to function.

Mark911

Metallica88 had the same problem and I was able to help him fix his bike simply by texting. He's probably more knowledgeable than I am right now. You might want to try contacting him and asking what he did and how he did it. Kinda a pay it forward thing.

metallic88

@metallic88 care to share? Might as well pay it to everyone.

so originally i had a code 37 humidity( Id clear the code and it would come back when riding at full throttle. ), but then after a few days it wouldnt turn on, so with marks help i was able to to figure out most of the pinout of the connector, so i just started tracing and figuring out what each chip did(i did find out they loved texas instruments though lol so many), but mine with only showing 3 modules and then 2 and then one after awhile. It was just the really little esp labled D9 it was bridging the can bus chip in the brd so nothing could be read. mine was so weird it was like one day it would show a few and the next nothing. but the bike not turning on issue(it was a pile of issues that happend all at once lol) ended up being a 65R380C6 labled Q10 . and then i put up a seperator for the honeywell sensor (since the battery was dry and almost pristine condition)so the led couldnt shine on it and that fixed the code 37(since honeywells data sheet says they dont like light at all). but that fixed it all it runs awesome and has been for months now. hopefully that's readable/helpful.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Its somewhat understandable/helpful.

The "fix" requires the opening of the top cover. Looking at the humidity sensor and also one of the smaller caps near the HV side. Separator?

metallic88

Its somewhat understandable/helpful.

The "fix" requires the opening of the top cover. Looking at the humidity sensor and also one of the smaller caps near the HV side. Separator?

the one in yellow is the one that caused the not powering on and the one circled in green is the one that cause the modules to dissapear
edit: i forgot to mention this is a R pack

IMG_20200101_140452.jpg