Battery care -- winter riding and hibernation

enjoythesilenc

Here is my data from todays research project. I started with a bike at 0 degrees celsius and rode it in 1/2 mile increments to see if it warms up as you ride. It did gradually. It was restricted to 9500 watts! at 0 degrees and it took 2 1/2 miles of riding to get the battery up to 11 degrees where it allowed the full 35000 watts.

The temp to allowed power relationship seemed pretty linear. The bike is a dog near freezing, even in map 4. Wheelies are prohibited until about 8 degrees celsius (30000 watts):p

effinsiok

The bike is a dog near freezing, even in map 4. Wheelies are prohibited until about 8 degrees celsius (30000 watts):p

Do you have the latest firmware? I am also in below freezing temps and just updated my 2017 MX from the original firmware to the newest. Before the update, the yellow light was constantly on when I started riding and it severely limited the power. The new firmware doesn’t show the yellow light immediately and gives me a lot more power - easily enough to loop out.

enjoythesilenc

I have updated firmware but I switched the inverter FW to an older version as per Oded comments trying to get rid of regen effects. I still don't like the regen so I'll switch back and see if the temperature bottleneck goes away. I really don't care about the cold issue given how I used the bike. IT might be a safety issue for a cold SM pulling out into traffic etc

I don't think my yellow light ever came on.....