Battery care, some things I thought you guys should know.

Bloak

After a Moto on my MXR, around 50%, mine reads 2800va when charging. It then tapers off as charge progresses. When I see the va drop to 1600-800 I know its >3/4 charged. Initial plugging in, it starts low then builds to the 2800....but is rather quick to get to full rate.
Does your generator have capability of greater that 1900va in 240v? Some generators have a high rating I.e. 4000watts, but have two circuits I.e. 2000watts each for a total of 4000... Not capable of full 4000 output on one particular circuit. May want to double check manual for capability

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Is it possible our Altas aren’t actually charging to 100% even though they tell us they are for this reason? Similar to how they are not really dead when you run the battery down?
I think this could be the case. I have a thread on ES where I have been posting my ride and experiences with the EXR. I noticed that I was still getting full speed and power with less than 10% SOC remaining. Like you, I am also wondering if the charger is handling state of charge an cycling charge cycles to maximize the pack's life?

Butch

Poseur
I think this could be the case. I have a thread on ES where I have been posting my ride and experiences with the EXR. I noticed that I was still getting full speed and power with less than 10% SOC remaining. Like you, I am also wondering if the charger is handling state of charge an cycling charge cycles to maximize the pack's life?

Can you share a link to your thread on ES?
My thread on BARF of my ride experience is here Alta Redshift MX Second Impressions - BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Pavetim

How do you check the va in battery while charging? What about short charging? I put a 14T sprocket in and ran map 4 today and first time I outlasted bike. Would it hurt to charge between motor say like 3 charges? I may have to start bringing charger to track