Barons Oaks (San Diego) reopens!!!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
It was my favorite local track to go to back in 2015 and was sad to hear them shutdown. I hear they are only open the weekends in January? Is that true or are they back for good?

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
It was my favorite local track to go to back in 2015 and was sad to hear them shutdown. I hear they are only open the weekends in January? Is that true or are they back for good?

In the 20 years that I’ve ridden this track, first on my brand new 1998 Yamaha YZ-400F, this track has shut down many times. There were issues with noise, dust, pollution in the stream, lack of water, erosion, and now... perhaps the threat of housing development (which will be the end).

This track has operated off and on since 1973. What it needs, in my opinion, is a support group to keep it viable. That group would be folks without a profit motivation, who would oversee and mitigate issues BEFORE they become a shutdown issue.

Interaction with the track operator / contractor, and with the land owners (Barona Indian Nation) would be paramount.

I propose the Barona Oaks Motocross Association (BOMA).