Anyone using SKF Oil/Dust Seals on the AER48?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Just curious if anyone has swapped over to SKF oil/dust seals on the AER48 and if less stiction was noticed? I did a full SKF Glide kit on the Showa SFF TAC forks on my KX450F and it made a huge difference in initial plushness by dramatically reducing stiction.

Reactions: Rix

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I did install them on the MX, the MXR, and my old Husky. I did not notice much change in the stiction, those WP forks were sliding good before and after. I did it because the green SKF seals leak way less. I think the stock orange seals do not have a steel spring on the seal edge that keeps the oil in, whereas the green SKS seals do.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback. Still kinda battling the front end vagueness with the AER48 that i was battling with the Showa SFF Tac forks on my KX450F. Stock vs stock, the AER48 is much better in the stiction department, but nothing like the basic open chamber coil spring forks on my KX125.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I will be using SKF seals when I have my suspension revalved. That said, I haven't noticed any stiction issues on the stock EXR.

blbills

My understanding is that SKF seals come stock on the WP suspension. They have their own color though.