Any Alta's at the Tennessee Knockout 8/18/18?

Ireek

I went the final day on Sunday to the Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro and was slightly surprised that I didn't see any Alta's competing, there may have been some on Saturday but I didn't see any on Sunday, closest thing I saw to an Alta was a guy wearing an Alta t-shirt. I'm not a big dirt bike guy but I do own a CRF230, so I can't say for certain if the Alta would have an advantage or not but seeing these two strokes yesterday crawling up these hills at very low rpm's made me think that the Alta should do pretty well in this extreme enduro. Here is a link to the site so you can see the terrain these guys are dealing with. Oh, Cody Webb won it, he's impressive.

The Kenda AMA Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro -- August 18-19, 2018 at the TTC

snydes

Staff member
I would guess most of these off road events would not be possible without a battery change, and since at this point only factory Alta has that ability that's why we didn't see any there. I would also assume that Alta is putting their efforts into Ty's upcoming race and didn't have the resources to tackle that event as well.

Cody won it... that's good to hear since he had just broken something at Erzberg in that prologue crash. He must be all better!

Ireek

I think he was mending a broken foot or ankle, might be wrong about that but he looked good on the bike. I'm not sure of the laps or time involved but they all seemed to be less than an hour on Sunday, I know the last race, the one that decided the overall winner was 30 minutes plus 1 lap. I was talking with a spectator that knows way more about these races than me and he was talking about a race a few weeks ago that had laps that were much longer so this would hurt the Alta I guess. It would be neat to see one out there though, even if just for these shorter races. I'm sure in time, we'll be seeing them...