Another anti-electric victim of electric fever.

Mark911

The stock bikes were/are so softly sprung they were/are almost glued to the track. At the demo days everyone would rave about how well the bike worked (on a turn track). I don’t think I ever heard any rider say anything but “wow”. Then they asked about the price, lol.

Trialsman

I had a long time rider/enduro friend take mine out while in Highland Park, GA last year. He can back over an hour later after riding flowing trails to tight single track. He was grinning from ear to ear. He stated " This was the most fun I have EVER had on any type of motorcycle."

F451

Pretty much the exact same response from the many people that I have let try my MXR. With the exception of one guy who had just bought a brand new KTM 300 Tpi, he was not that impressed. When thinking about that guy (that I met on the trails and never saw again), I wonder if he just couldn't accept liking it since he had just dropped I don't know how much money into his brand new KTM 2 stroke (great bike btw), Lol.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
When thinking about that guy (that I met on the trails and never saw again), I wonder if he just couldn't accept liking it since he had just dropped I don't know how much money into his brand new KTM 2 stroke (great bike btw), Lol.
This is pretty common. Owners of new ICE bikes hate the idea of their bikes becoming obsolete and worthless. The more someone pays for what they buy, the easier it is for them to rationalize that they bought the best there was to buy.

Alta owners are, of course, a notable exception because our bikes are truly the best there was and will ever be! Can't argue with facts!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Pretty much the exact same response from the many people that I have let try my MXR. With the exception of one guy who had just bought a brand new KTM 300 Tpi, he was not that impressed. When thinking about that guy (that I met on the trails and never saw again), I wonder if he just couldn't accept liking it since he had just dropped I don't know how much money into his brand new KTM 2 stroke (great bike btw), Lol.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Sounds like he truly had buyer's remorse in that moment, but was just in denial.

F451

It was a bit of an odd encounter, it was during a ride with Redwolf awhile ago. Met the guy on a break, he was all questions, seemed genuinely interested. As I always do, even with strangers, as long as you don’t come across as a complete idiot, and seem genuinely interested, I’ll offer a test ride. In this case we swapped bikes for a few miles on the trail.

At our first stop we swapped back, got his feedback, he wasn’t impressed at all, Lol.

It was no hard feelings, he seemed like a good guy and it certainly didn’t bother me, but I was surprised I didn’t get the usual surprised, holy cow this thing is for real, often laughing in their helmet response, so it really stuck with me.

I’ll have to try to recall how many test rides I’ve given, the pro / con ratio would be interesting.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I’ve given a few test rides to folks. They always get that goofy grin on their faces. Definitely worth the effort to share these cool bikes. I did the same with the sur-ron, and lots of folks like the light bee as well.

F451

I’ve given a few test rides to folks. They always get that goofy grin on their faces. Definitely worth the effort to share these cool bikes. I did the same with the sur-ron, and lots of folks like the light bee as well.

I’m trying not to test ride a Sur Ron cause I don’t want to drop the coin on one right now, but holy cow they look like fun. Plus at 6’5” I wouldn’t fit on one too well anyway.

What really got me thinking was when I saw the Hawaii guys posting vids on their Light Bees, they are loving them and those dudes are hard core.