Sold Altas/freerides for sale found on eBay/FB/CL

snydes

Staff member
Please note! The above motorcycles are NOT Christian’s and were linked here just as a courtesy.

As always, buyer beware.

BEZ23

I used to sell a lot through online platforms. Just reading through the conversations gets me angry, and see exactly where it starts to go south.

Motophyllic

I think these bikes are worth every penny of $10k. They don’t make them anymore and they were $12k new. Just saying, if you want one I don’t think 10,000 is such a bad deal. I would’ve bought the bike for that and been happy with it.

snydes

Staff member
Well, it looks like my above statement was incorrect and that bike was the OP’s.

I think we will need to ask for clarification when bikes are linked here that are for sale elsewhere :unsure:

Brent421

These bikes are worth well more than $10,000. I could sit here and type out dozens of reasons why Alta’s are 10x better than any dirt bike ever made, but most of us on the forum already know that. That’s why we own one, two, or even a few. Whether you’re buying or selling an Alta it’s basic Economics 101, demand is extremely high and there is NO supply, until someone decides to let go of one, which isn’t very often. They’re not made anymore, so current owners/sellers can pretty much control the market and demand whatever price they want. I feel bad for both guys in this particular situation, as it sounds like a misunderstanding. But, the reality is that another MXR for sale may not surface for weeks or months, and when it does it may be a lot more than the $10,000 this guy was willing to take.

Top Bottom