ALTA's Flat Tracker From the Ashes of ALTA

evh1

An article I saw in the bike mag I get from cafe or scrambler type builders and the modern custom build bike group - Iron & Air -
Blatant Moto's “Death Rattle”
“Death Rattle” is an all-electric flat track built by three former Alta employees: Brandon Dawson, Vinnie Falzon, and John McInnis. After being laid off, the trio opened Blatant Moto in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco and started on a project they all wanted to realize at Alta: “a flat track race bike, with proper race geometry, that would maximize the advantages of the Redshift drivetrain on a short track.” Bike EXIF tells the story of how “Death Rattle” came to be.
An electric flat tracker rises from the ashes of Alta

If you are interested in Iron & Air - it's a step above the typical motorcycle magazine and their email drop The Throttle is one I always look forward to in my In box.

Subscribe Now

evh1

Another "electric bike" article from Iron & Air for your perusal...
Quicksilver
Mike Corbin is, and always has been, a talented creator and a fearless innovator. On August 19, 1974, the founder of Corbin Motorcycle Saddles & Accessories threw a leg over his all-electric land speed bike, Quicksilver, and set off across the Bonneville Salt Flats. He was worried about the bike’s magnetic contactors, which ran 120 volts and 1,200 amps of direct current and could flash and weld together, meaning there would be no way to shut the bike off. “I’d have been on my way to Taiwan,” Corbin says. “Right over the freeway and off to Hell in a handbasket!”

Quicksilver