Alta warranty, repairs, service and parts

schroed911

My understanding is that Alta Motorcycles ceased building motorcycles and sold their assets to BRP. BRP says they will not resume the Alta Motorcycle business. Is this correct? What's your opinion on purchasing an Alta motorcycle at this time? Are parts and service available?

I'm looking at a zero mileage EXR primarily for dirt bike trails, fire roads including some ability to ride on the street.

Thank you for your advice.

VINSANITY

I bought a new EXR with the knowledge there is no Alta warrantee or parts support - members on this form are pretty resourceful in finding parts and helping with technical knowledge - I took the risk as the bike is awesome and there is nothing else like it - hoping if a problem comes up I can find some way to repair it.

I’d go for it

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
What do you think is a great price for the EXR including charger? Thanks for the feedback.

In the Bay Area, there's an EXR in Petaluma. But if your willing to ship should be able to find some decent deals. Lots of dealers will let them off, but also want to make some money back. Cycletrader is your best bet.

Also majority of the Alta support crew is in the Bay Area. My home is the Bay so I'm able to do what I can. Quite a few Altas down in the South Bay (was in Campbell..just moved to SSF).

vavaroutsos

Can someone summarize what is currently known about the Alta firmware, electronics, battery, etc.? I'm seriously considering picking one up, but I want to understand what I'm getting into in terms of being able to repair and maintain the bike.