Sold Alta Rear Hub

gprix1

Factory billet rear hub in excellent condition from my '18 MXR. Should fit all years of Alta dirtbikes. $160 now $125 shipped.

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

evh1

If you can help me verify it'll fit my 2019 EXR, then you may have a buyer. Since you include shipping, it would be to Dubya Wheels in CA. Interested?

evh1

Thanks, judaslefourbe. I assume a KTM front hub would work...from which model if you know? This will get me a set of street rims for the EXR to swap out.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Thanks, judaslefourbe. I assume a KTM front hub would work...from which model if you know? This will get me a set of street rims for the EXR to swap out.

I have found the easiest way to use a KTM front hub or wheel on the EXR is to use the ALTA spacers from my EXR wheel and make a 7.0 mm spacer for the brake caliper. There have been several threads discussing options and I think the consensus is the caliper spacer is easier and stronger than the disc spacer(s). This is due primarily to the small bolts holding the disc to the hub. Obviously with a caliper spacer it means you need to unbolt the caliper each time you swap the wheel instead of just swapping the wheel.

Definitely do not just stick 7 mm of washers on each disc bolt for anything other than a test fit.

KTM changed front axle and bearing sizes a couple of times in the past 15 years so if you are using a KTM front hub or wheel you will want to make sure the axle is the correct size for the EXR; e.g. the 2014 that Judaslefourbe mentioned. KTM RFS wheels are also the correct axle size. Otherwise you'll need to swap out the bearings, spacer, and seals. Also, the rear wheels from most recent year KTM dirt bikes are a direct fit on the EXR, including the KTM spacers.

If you are looking for a 21" wheel to mount street oriented tires there have been a number of new ALTA EXR front wheels on eBay at good prices. If you're shooting for 17" wheels and a full supermoto setup then you need new wheels and other parts.

evh1

Great info ya old geezer! Thanks for the tips and front rim ideas.
I am also in denial at 59. I don't want a pickle, just want to ride my motor sickle

gprix1

Also, an alternate way to go is to use a standard KTM front hub and use a '13-'15 triple clamp which is narrower. This is what I did with mine, only $150 for a set off of eBay. Then just use a KTM fender and number plate. The nice thing with this method is you can then use any KTM wheel you want.
IMG_E2956a.jpg

Top Bottom