Alta parts on back order...any one got any yet?

Wnuudiction

Has anyone received any of the parts they have ordered since dealers were notified of the shut down? I have a big order in with Alta SF but have heard nothing.

I wonder if acerbis will be able to release the injection molds for the shrouds and number plates (also the chain slider and guide) if Alta does go under, or how expensive a mold that size would be to get made in China. Maybe someone on here happens to work in that field and would know?

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
Has anyone received any of the parts they have ordered since dealers were notified of the shut down? I have a big order in with Alta SF but have heard nothing.

I wonder if acerbis will be able to release the injection molds for the shrouds and number plates (also the chain slider and guide) if Alta does go under, or how expensive a mold that size would be to get made in China. Maybe someone on here happens to work in that field and would know?
No parts here yet either.

As far as molds go, off the top of my head I would guess 5 to 10 grand. Injection molds are not cheap.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if my dealer's parts guy lied to me. He said next day that Alta didn't have the rear fenders and LCD displays that I ordered and refunded my money.

datadog

I wonder if my dealer's parts guy lied to me. He said next day that Alta didn't have the rear fenders and LCD displays that I ordered and refunded my money.

As far as I know, the dealer didn't lie to you. What he said is true. We were out of displays before the doors closed. I know the former employee that is handling the orders is trying as hard as possible to get out what we have.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Just talked to my dealer. They have about $16k in parts on order that have a "Shipping Pending" status. They haven't heard anything from Alta nor have they been refunded anything either.

I can imaging it'll take a month to compile, pack and ship orders to 70 dealers. Not to mention they need to prioritize who gets what for parts, assuming bikes that were waiting on warranty parts when they shut down might have first pick.

Wnuudiction

Don’t crash and these bikes should run forever! Insert fingers crossed smilies here...
That’s the problem, they are dirts bikes and need to fall down from time to time. I just put street tires on mine and ride it to work now.

Reactions: Rix

JethroTX

Sorry for the new thread, but all is too quiet! Has anyone, anyone, anyone received any parts from ALTA in the past 4 weeks. I've got the feeling that they don't intend to send out any parts and that b.s. email was just designed to keep us quiet.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
I talked to my dealer today. No parts, and no confirmation that their orders are being fulfilled. But..... he said they know of other dealers that are getting parts.

So, it should be soon when some of us forum members start getting news and or parts.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I talked to my dealer today. No parts, and no confirmation that their orders are being fulfilled. But..... he said they know of other dealers that are getting parts.

So, it should be soon when some of us forum members start getting news and or parts.
Same with my dealer. Ordered the coolant adapter on 10/17 and paid, still no adapter though.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Almost "good" news to report on our parts orders.

Alta fulfilled and my dealer received nearly all the parts they ordered prior to Alta's shutdown. According to them, that order was about $14k in parts.

They have not received any parts that were ordered since they started accepting orders again.

The parts guy was able to log in and look up parts, as well as place an order for additional stuff I'd like to get my hands on if possible.

I got the impression that the owners that had pending warranty repairs got the parts they needed to fix their bikes. I have no idea who paid for the parts though, dealer or owner. According to the dealer they have no Alta's in for repairs right now. That wasn't the case in October.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Same with my dealer. Ordered the coolant adapter on 10/17 and paid, still no adapter though.
Update, my Alta dealer out of Roseville CA called me and said he had spoke with a Lady at Alta HQ and my parts will be shipping at some point.

Top Bottom