Alta Owners Forum turns two!

snydes

Staff member
Today marks the forums official second birthday! This forum started out as a way for @Philip and I to escape the constant negativity towards electrics we were experiencing on other dirt bike forums. The idea was born and Philip acted quickly to make it a reality.

Starting out it was basically us two talking between ourselves, but @Oded quickly joined in and then we were on our way. We had a good group of early members, @rayivers quickly found us as well as @Fod and @Fog 25 soon after (and I believe were the first two members with MXR’s). We lost a few of our early group due to post shut down concerns, but for the most part we are all still here and membership is now in the 600’s and still growing. @Judaslefourbe was our first official presence from Alta and was on his best behavior while employed (see what I did there ;)). Somewhere in that first 50 or so @OneLapper signed on and I remember feeling so bad for him as he was the first one I can remember just having a rash of problems with his bike :(.

There were a lot of fun stories over our history, and I’m probably forgetting some noteworthy members, for that I apologize. Perhaps Philip could identity some that’s have slipped my mind. I have read every thread posted here in those two years, so my brain is clouded up with so much Alta garble it’s hard to keep everything straight.

All things considered I’d say we have a unique thing going here. Thanks to all the members for making this a productive effort, and thanks to Philip for his work keeping it up and running!

Happy birthday AOF!

Fog 25

Happy Birthday 🎉 🎂🎊
Thanks for giving us a forum to keep us informed and commiserate with fellow Alta owners. You have been able to draw in some very intelligent people to help us with our problems. Once again Thank You and
🎆Happy Birthday.🎆

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am would like to report that trying to get @Mark911 to join a new forum with only two other members has eventually paid off! His list of mind-blowing Alta mods and projects was at that time falling on deaf ears at other forums.

And I finally stopped worrying about possibly receiving a cease and desist letter from Alta after @Judaslefourbe became our regular poster and then @Honcho joined the conversation.

Thanks to everyone who reads, thinks, and shares their thoughts here! Happy Birthday, AOF!

Mark911

I am would like to report that trying to get @Mark911 to join a new forum with only two other members has eventually paid off! His list of mind-blowing Alta mods and projects was at that time falling on deaf ears at other forums.

I remember those early conversations and information exchanges! Those were fun and exciting times. Not that I've stopped digging deeper into the bowels and innerworkings of these great bikes but some of the excitement is gone. I really wanted to see an Alta compete at the Pro level at our local moto/SX races. I had a willing and able rider (Matt Cerami) and a couple bikes to develop but with no hope of any future factory support further R&D seemed meaningless. My efforts now are more aligned with keeping our bikes alive for the years to come.

However, Alta proved to me the huge potential for the "electrification" of our sport and I'm working on several projects along those lines. More to come in the near future!

Oded

This forum have a special something to it.
Because of this forum and its founding fathers ☺, my bike is in perfect condition after it suffered a severe malfunction. I live half way around the world.

My favorite "go to" web page, by far.

You guys rock!