For Sale Alta Owners Forum Deal Of The Week

Jayfox911

Thank you @rayivers! I was waiting to see if it was a fit.
I bought that foot and it was a super tight foot. Such a pain in the ass to rubber mallet in. Took like 10 minutes to get it to seat. Not sure if there is a trick.
Otherwise it looks fine and holds the bike up in the garage haha.

I also bought a Ktm rubber strap to hold the stand up when I ride tracks. The strap I bough was 90mm in length and fits good in the subframe existing hole.

106E2D77-2C81-40DB-90EF-0F3253769C59.png

0F5677D3-0856-4E5D-8FC8-D8D88182AE23.jpeg

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I bought that foot and it was a super tight foot. Such a pain in the ass to rubber mallet in. Took like 10 minutes to get it to seat. Not sure if there is a trick.

Back in production days we made a fixture which held the kickstand leg vertical and then allowed us to use an arbor press to push down the foot into the leg...that Trail tech foot was the replacement for the silver KTM one which was discontinued I believe.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I was also installing the kickstand today. You’ve got to get the springs in just the right orientation or it rubs the swingarm. I also used the trail tech foot. I used a file to remove most of the plastic ridges so I could get it into the hole. It was enough to get it into the hole, but it is still super snug, so it ain’t going nowhere.

rayivers

+1, absolutely. I ended up shaving off about .010" of the rib nearest the foot's top end so it went in straight, then heated the upper foot as much as I dared (heat gun on low) and pushed down hard on the arm with the foot against a concrete floor-wall junction. I had to heat it a few times more, but eventually it went all the way on.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Does anyone know the size of the PTFE washer for the Alta Kickstand? I think I have all the other bolts that don't come in the kit and was going to oder the washer off mcmaster.

73Thing

Purchased a kickstand assembly from Liquid Performance. They were fast to ship and everything looks good.
I can not find the specific sizes of the M6 shoulder bolt and PTFE washer and where can you get them?

Thanks Neal

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Does anyone know the size of the PTFE washer for the Alta Kickstand? I think I have all the other bolts that don't come in the kit and was going to oder the washer off mcmaster.

Purchased a kickstand assembly from Liquid Performance. They were fast to ship and everything looks good.
I can not find the specific sizes of the M6 shoulder bolt and PTFE washer and where can you get them?

Thanks Neal

I have the PTFE washers, PM for derails

Top Bottom