Alta mxr 2018 not charging. - Solved

Jared

So when you send the ID 0x1806e5f4 0b b8 00 64 00 e8 from the laptop to the charger specifying charge cutoff of 325vdc, but the charger’s relay is manually closed, will it actually terminate the charging automatically or do you have to monitor progress and manually stop the charger?

Jared

It looks like you have jumper wires on the DCCP board so that the charger can “see” the battery, but doesn’t this also mean that the DCCP cannot disconnect the battery at the end of charging. Also, since the bike is in drive mode to close the contactors/relays in the battery lid, and you are not operating the bike, how do you keep the bike from timing out and turning off/disconnecting the battery before it is charged?

flask38

Wow I hope my used 2018 EX I just purchased doesn't have any issues...I hope you find a new circuit board. That was amazing engineering you are very technical!

enjoythesilenc

I know this is an old thread and maybe sergey isnt around anymore. This is the only thread I have found that has anybody hacking into the Alta communication system. I don't understand much of it but here is my summary.

-Water got into the DCCP and blew a few components up. The fast charger wasn't getting the right CAN messages from the dccp and wouldnt supply voltage.

-Sergey figured out what messages the charger wanted to see by reading the charger manual that he posted a link to upthread

-he then made a connection to the DCCP and the alta CAN network with a small PCB with a STM microprocessor, like a blue pill board, etc

- he used the pictured computer program Mu Vision to writes lines of CAN messages that his STM would inject into the data stream

-these messages tricked the charger into thinking that the dccp was normal and it was ok to send 350 volts into the depleted Alta

Is my summary accurate, is sergey still around, has anyone else played with the CAN messaging system?

Top Bottom