Alta Hillclimber

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Alta Podiums in Professional Hill Climb Debut

Carniegie%20Finals-869%20copy.jpg?t=1539377616152&width=600&name=Carniegie%20Finals-869%20copy.jpg

Alta continues its assault on the racing status quo with a podium finish at the Third annual IRC Carnegie Classic Hill Climb in Tracy, CA.

The off-road sport of hill climbing involves riders battling head-to-head up a steep, windy course, carved into the side of a large hill or mountain. A successful run involves a combination of steady momentum, correct body positioning and precise throttle control.

Hill climb veterans Austin Teyler and Josh Mouzakis shared a Redshift EXR throughout the weekend. To help with the traction on the uphill climbs, the two riders created a Redshift-specific extended swingarm. Austin, a 3-time Great American Hillclimb champion, rode the nearly stock EXR to a 4th-place finish in the X-Climb/Verticross class, battling heavily modified 450cc race bikes.

“I am grateful to be the first athlete to race an extended swingarm electric motoclimb bike in professional competition,” said Teyler. “Without much seat time, the Redshift EXR helped me earn 4th place finishes in both of my pro classes. I really enjoyed the bike's torque and acceleration, plus the bike is a blast to ride!”

The Enduroclimb Shootout is an exciting head-to-head battle where riders must navigate through enduro-type obstacles before ascending the hill to the finish line. During the event Josh Mouzakis piloted the Redshift EXR straight to the podium.

"Overall, I had a great weekend at the 2018 Carnegie Classic,” smiled Mouzakis. “The highlights of my weekend included a 4th place finish in the 700cc-Open class, a 2nd place finish in the Enduroclimb Shootout on board the Alta Redshift EXR.”

After such a strong debut showing, Josh feels that this was just the first step in the acceptance of electric vehicles in the sport, “It was a very fulfilling experience to see the first electric hillclimb bike take to the hill after all of the work that I put into designing the extensions. Seeing how curious and excited the hillclimb community was about the project really gave me confidence that electric bikes would thrive in this sport in the very near future."

Alta Motors 185 Valley Drive Brisbane CA 94005 USA