Alta "Factory" Rider Dream

Matt

E-Rider
Maybe I've lost sight of the objective here. Is this just for the coolness factor? We certainly aren't advertising the "Alta" brand anymore. It doesn't exist as an entity that you can buy bikes from. Maybe it would increase the market value of the existing bikes a bit, and remind everyone that Alta was (and is) a cool and desirable bike. Not saying that I wouldn't want to see this. But what is the payoff for spending our time, AJ's time, and maybe risking some precious bikes and parts?
Personally, I think for the coolness mostly but also to promote the technology in general. The more interest there is in these bikes I think the more interest there will be in replicating something similar. I feel like Alta was on the cusp of mainstream acceptance before it's ending. I think it would make a statement bringing an Alta to compete even after they have gone under. We could mold that statement I think to what we want potentially.

Personally, I think for the coolness mostly but also to promote the technology in general. The more interest there is in these bikes I think the more interest there will be in replicating something similar. I feel like Alta was on the cusp of mainstream acceptance before it's ending. I think it would make a statement bringing an Alta to compete even after they have gone under. We could mold that statement I think to what we want potentially.

100% agree. Electric is the future, we have an opportunity to remind people just how good that future will be.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Besides convincing ourselves, we would also need to sell this to the promoters, like AJ said.

They run a cool show where riders race cool bikes. Recently it has been exclusively 2-strokes. They don't care to cater to the bike manufacturers, which is great. But how would they become interested in adding an electric bike to their show? They allowed Alta into their show twice already, but now they are 2-strokes only. Would they allow Alta again?

Maybe we could play the "Back to the Future" theme? Dress @Mark911 as Dr. Emmett Brown and dress AJ as Marty McFly. Then also dress some girl as Marty's girlfriend Jennifer and find a burly dude to play Biff.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Besides convincing ourselves, we would also need to sell this to the promoters, like AJ said.

They run a cool show where riders race cool bikes. Recently it has been exclusively 2-strokes. They don't care to cater to the bike manufacturers, which is great. But how would they become interested in adding an electric bike to their show? They allowed Alta into their show twice already, but now they are 2-strokes only. Would they allow Alta again?

Maybe we could play the "Back to the Future" theme? Dress @Mark911 as Dr. Emmett Brown and dress AJ as Marty McFly. Then also dress some girl as Marty's girlfriend Jennifer and find a burly dude to play Biff.
Alta's can be 2-strokes: Positive and Negative.

Matt

E-Rider

I am wondering if that was just a one off specialty event for 2019