Alta Error Codes

Don Thuren

@Don Thuren , you're bike wont charge because the "average voltage" of the battery back is 4.08vdc, at which the system shut off the charger. What you actually have are 10 or 11 Pgroups at 3.85vdc, and 73 or 74 Pgroups at or near 4.10vdc. MT will show this very clearly. See my other post for more details.

Much appreciated!

Currently I can't get it to charge AT ALL, but will be fun to see what MT see's when hooked up..

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Oh jeez. that harness exposure.
That's what I was figuring it was something like you mention, being the fact there are so many safeguards.

Will be fun once I get the Multitool cables I'm excited to play with it.

I have a 4 axis CNC lathe that will throw a code/error saying there is interference in one of the systems... Nobody can find the problem... Turn the machine off and on and it may error out again in 10 min, or in 6 weeks.... The conclusion is that the system is so sensitive and looking at so many processes it's just "being on the safe side."

An Alta isnt an CNC unfortunately. Mark is indicating many of the quality/design issues we had on the PCBAs that were part of the redshift system. Which there was a laundry list of revisions and changes.

Benbaldini

Hi everyone
I just had a code 36 on my 2019 mxr today , i live in france , i shipped the bike from the US 2 months ago .
Any review from people Who still ride the bike with that type of code ?
Thank you

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hi everyone
I just had a code 36 on my 2019 mxr today , i live in france , i shipped the bike from the US 2 months ago .
Any review from people Who still ride the bike with that type of code ?
Thank you

Code 36 = possible wirebond failure within the battery pack. With the bike sitting in shipping for 2 months, it could be due to also pack imbalance. If you have Multitool (diagnostic software, that might show some more insight on the issue)

Benbaldini

Ok .. i dont have the diagnostic software ,
I will try to find somebody in Europe with the multitool (and its not gonna be easy )
If one of those two issues , is there something i could fix by myself ?
Thank you for the fast reply

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Ok .. i dont have the diagnostic software ,
I will try to find somebody in Europe with the multitool (and its not gonna be easy )
If one of those two issues , is there something i could fix by myself ?
Thank you for the fast reply

That error can be pretty hard to fix (its an internal battery issue). You can download MT off of the forum and get one the can dongles.

@Benbaldini What is your last three digits of the Vin number please?.

Also what hours do you have and Miles?. Was your bike brand new or used?.

Worrying that you have a new bike with a code 36 already!.

You can still use the bike with the code if that helps you to know.

Benbaldini

@Benbaldini What is your last three digits of the Vin number please?.

Also what hours do you have and Miles?. Was your bike brand new or used?.

Worrying that you have a new bike with a code 36 already!.

You can still use the bike with the code if that helps you to know.

503 are the last 3 digits and the bike has 400 miles and 99hours :(
The code appears 10 minutes after the first ride from a Long time without riding
Just to let you know my bike is a
"stunt "version i was working for cirque du soleil .i bought and shipped the bike to france right after they close the show .
Thank you for your help :)