Alta Body Kits?

Luke_SM

Hey guys, just wondered if anyone knew where to find new plastics for the Alta bikes. Also is there anyone working on body kits like the ST prototype that Alta created? Thanks

Silent But Dirty

Alta North
I called acerbic USA and the guy I got was unaware they made the plastics for Alta. It would be nice to get ahold of those molds.
I think you would need to contact someone at the factory directly, as plastic was never available through acerbis USA

Via Serio, 37
24021 Albino (BG) - Italy
Tel.: +39 035 773577
Fax: +39 035 773570

snydes

Staff member
Once Alta is officially over I believe they would be agreeable to that provided we talk to the right person. The expensive part is already done, it's just having them tell us how many we need to buy to make it worth the trouble. And we could probably get whatever color we wanted too...

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I would love it someone makes less bulbous shrouds that do not destroy my knees if I ride with just knee guards and not knee braces.

I could probably make some one-off pieces from carbon fiber or from several pieces of plastic, but a one piece molded plastic would be better.

snydes

Staff member
I often thought a black plastic set with a graphic design that had gold accents would be neat. Might remind me too much of those bikes from Winners Take All though...

Mikec265

I like Kawasaki green, but I never felt comfortable enough on a Kawasaki to buy one. Just like the color.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I (hopefully) have a replacement subframe coming in my order. There is a hairline crack in the subframe that's on my bike now from a crash I had in my first race with the bike. I know a few offroad fabricators near me and have already reached out to them about building a replacement out of aluminum($$) or titanium($$$$). One guy that builds offroad truck frames said it would be easy for him. If I'm ever in a situation where I need a new subframe and no stock plastic ones are available, I'll likely go to him and have him build me one but will likely try to organize a group buy so others can get one too.