Alta accepted at Dubya World Vet MX Championship?

Sumik

Does anybody know if electric bikes are accepted at Dubya World Vet MX Championship in Glen Helen? I'm seriously considering to take part in, in November 2020. I send them a question about this topic some days ago with no answer, yet.

Sumik

You shouldn’t have any problems all vet classes are open for any motorcycle. Another great race in California to go to is Mammoth MX in June.
Thanks. I also experienced that vet classes were open for any motorcycles but only if they had combustion engine.. Regarding the Mammoth MX, unfortunatelly it's in the middle of the season. As I'm from Europe, it would be difficult for me to get the bike there and back without losing races at home. But thanks for the tip.

Sumik

I found followed AMA 2020 approved MX motorcycles list. Neither Alta nor any other electric bike are in. Not even for VET races..

Attachments

• AMA-2020-APPROVED-Limited-Motorcycles.pdf
    337 KB · Views: 5

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Yes, i've raced the Dubya World Vets the last 2 years on my Alta MXR. There were no problems, just get ready to answer lots of questions from curious old guys! hahah

Sumik

Yes, i've raced the Dubya World Vets the last 2 years on my Alta MXR. There were no problems, just get ready to answer lots of questions from curious old guys! hahah
Good to know! Anyway, I would like to get an official confirmation from the promoter before shipping the bike from Europe to LA.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Good to know! Anyway, I would like to get an official confirmation from the promoter before shipping the bike from Europe to LA.
That’s got to be pricey to ship it and then ship it back. You could probably almost buy a used one over here and fix it up and then have a second bike. Good luck on the trip.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
That’s got to be pricey to ship it and then ship it back. You could probably almost buy a used one over here and fix it up and then have a second bike. Good luck on the trip.
That's a great idea. Buy a bike here. Just bring your rear shock and the right fork leg (if you have an MXR) with you on the plane. Install in 30 minutes and you have a race bike! Then ship it home or sell it.

This is how most pros do it, if they have to fly to a remote part of the world to race a new bike.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Ah, I see from your comments in the other thread that you weren't actually referring to shipping an Alta. Makes more sense if you will be bringing 10 bikes to the event instead of just one.

Sumik

Ah, I see from your comments in the other thread that you weren't actually referring to shipping an Alta. Makes more sense if you will be bringing 10 bikes to the event instead of just one.
Exactly. If things will go out how planned I would let the 10 bikes in the USA partly for sell and partly for marketing purposes like trial rides etc.