AJ Catanzaro

Warren

I went to a group lesson that AJ Catanzaro was holding and let him take the Alta out after the class. My only request was for him not to hold back. Here is the video. I would highly recommend attending one of his classes, he is an excellent instructor when it comes to form and riding the bike the right way.

Warren

Nice job Matt, AJ could have been super salesman for Alta here on the East Coast. I think in MXR would look good in the back of his tesla pick up truck. Ha ha

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
I went to a group lesson that AJ Catanzaro was holding and let him take the Alta out after the class. My only request was for him not to hold back. Here is the video. I would highly recommend attending one of his classes, he is an excellent instructor when it comes to form and riding the bike the right way.

154k views!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Good that you will have both. I used almost 3 whole charges at his class and had to miss a section on starts and some open practice time. I was riding map 3 on mostly dry hardpack but some loose soil as well.
I will bring a fully charged van, so that would be 3 charges. I will have no generator with me, but maybe the track will have some power.

Just to clarify because I don't want to take credit for making the video he actually made the video and posted it to his channel, I just helped film. It turned out pretty sweet though.
Hey Matt.

Just watching the video again, still makes me smile!.

Wanted to ask you please, what LHRB Brembo master cylinder do you have?, is it the 09 version piston, or the 10 please?.

I ask as i have the hose from Liquid (Thanks Steve!) and really can not decide on a 09 or the 10. Thinking 10 to make it feel the same as the brake "pull".

Whats your thoughts on it?, what ever one you have.

Thanks!.

Matt

E-Rider
Hey Matt.

Just watching the video again, still makes me smile!.

Wanted to ask you please, what LHRB Brembo master cylinder do you have?, is it the 09 version piston, or the 10 please?.

I ask as i have the hose from Liquid (Thanks Steve!) and really can not decide on a 09 or the 10. Thinking 10 to make it feel the same as the brake "pull".

Whats your thoughts on it?, what ever one you have.

Thanks!.
I have the 10. I haven't had any issues with it and feel I have great modulation control. I haven't compared it to a 9 so I am not sure what to base it on. Either way I am happy with it and don't feel I have any reason to try out the 9

Reactions: #76

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
How did you get on at the School Philip?, i dont remember any post about it and would love to be able to attend one of his days!.
The class was awesome! A ton of fun riding!

@DonCox and I attended together. I was a student in the class and Don was just listening in. He was also my crew chief and a designated water bottle holder. It wouldn't have been as much fun as it was without Don's keeping company and cheering on!

I bought two fully charged bikes. We also put together and tested my new 14 kWh motovan battery system. It worked as advertised, and added about 2.5 charges to the bikes. So... I drained about 4 full Alta batteries at the track that day. Lots and lots of fun riding. I had sore muscles all over and had to recover for several weeks! I would definitely do it again!

I am going to post some videos soon.

AJ flies around the country and holds classes across almost the entire US. He doesn't bring his bike, but he uses students' bikes if he needs to demonstrate some techniques. He used my Alta a few times and loved how he could ride and talk at the same time, while everyone could hear him while he was riding the bike.

You should go to AJ"s site, check out his class schedule, and sign up for his email newsletter.

Philip, did you ever post any vid's?, and how was the 26th at MX Express?. :)

Really looking forward to AJ's future video's of his EXR build.....and what he will do with it etc.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I need a new computer. It took me days and a few blue screens of death to upload these videos. I have a few more, but I will have to give up on them for now, sorry.

BTW, thank you very much to @DonCox for filming the three videos above. Also, his iPhone makes way better videos than my GoPro.