Airtime Foot Pegs

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Trying out some new foot pegs. Found these Airtime pegs on eBay. They look very similar to the Tusk ones, just a tad cheaper. I wanted to see if these might be direct fit (they are Yamaha pegs). Alas, just like the Tusk pegs, I had to remove a little bit of aluminum to allow the pegs to rotate upwards more than a few degrees. Also, these also have a slight forward lean, about 7 degrees. I rode around a bit though, and I didn’t really notice the forward lean. Might even promote me to get more on the balls of my feet.

Oddly, I wasn’t really against using the stock pegs, as they worked just fine for me. But I recently got a few sets of Moto Cinch strapless tie-down devices, which hold the bike by the pegs. They fit the MX pegs just fine, but the retention pins hit the diagonal crossbar on the MXR pegs, and I had to put the Moto Cinches on backwards on the MXR. Not really a problem, just annoying. But it gave me incentive to try some new pegs.

Review of the Moto Cinch system coming soon. I really like them, now that I have the procedure down. Takes less than a minute to tie down two bikes.

1615862660309.jpg
1615862683777.jpg
1615862708410.jpg
1615862755558.jpg

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Would you say they are any lighter than the stock MXR pegs?.

These pegs are a little bit lighter, even though the material is a bit thicker. But I didn't weigh them.

Besides, I would think you'd want to have heavier pegs, to lower the center of gravity on the bike. If you make them heavy enough, and lower them a bit, I bet the bike wouldn't even tip over, kinda like a weeble.
:muutt:

A few ounces here or there are pretty irrelevant to me. The weightiest component on my bike is my own fat ass, and that's about 22,679 grams heavier than it needs to be. So, I'm not going to start putting on thinner stickers to save a bit of weight, or start shaving my spokes for better aerodynamics. I just putt-putt around the track or on the trail, hoping the whole suspension won't suddenly decide its had enough of my BS and just collapse under my excessively bouncing, blubbery chunkage.

fatguymx.gif