Acerbis Footpeg Covers are a must!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I was sick and tired of the footpegs scooping dirt/mud and the footpegs getting stuck in a pushed back position because of it. I installed a pair of Acerbis Footpeg Covers and they work like a charm. I had to remove my pegs first and fight to get them on, but it was worth the effort. The pegs no longer get caked up with mud! I highly recommend you all get a pair.

Acerbis Foot Peg Covers

IMG_20181230_094908.jpg

Scooter584

I have some from years ago...used them in deep ruts but have since shelved them, don't know why. But you bring up a good point I'm not sure if Altas are a bit wider and or lower than jap gas bikes or what but my recent trip to Dallas to watch the SX and ride local tracks (rutty) I noticed this a lot.....one other thing I notice was how Alta foot peg springs are on the bike, they don't 'hook' around the footpeg mount they just rest against it so when slamming rutty corners the pegs are constantly getting slammed. I had the spring come out of it's resting point against the bracket and actually end up holding the peg upwards ( like it had dirt jammed in it) under spring tension. After looking at it I believe my YZ springs will work just fine? Anyone else notice this? I can take a pic too

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I have some from years ago...used them in deep ruts but have since shelved them, don't know why. But you bring up a good point I'm not sure if Altas are a bit wider and or lower than jap gas bikes or what but my recent trip to Dallas to watch the SX and ride local tracks (rutty) I noticed this a lot.....one other thing I notice was how Alta foot peg springs are on the bike, they don't 'hook' around the footpeg mount they just rest against it so when slamming rutty corners the pegs are constantly getting slammed. I had the spring come out of it's resting point against the bracket and actually end up holding the peg upwards ( like it had dirt jammed in it) under spring tension. After looking at it I believe my YZ springs will work just fine? Anyone else notice this? I can take a pic too
They are slightly wider and lower than my KTM XCF450. I would probably guess that ground clearance from the pegs to the ground are about 2/3" lower than my KTM. If I still had my XCF450, I would measure and know for sure.

Scooter584

Had some sitting around finally dug them out. I also found the footpeg springs suck the way they are mounted. So I found a hell of a deal on stock YZ pegs and replaced them. The covers definitely work so I'm anxious to try them out on this bike!

IMG_20190310_142205.jpg

wildman240

I have a set of the covers on the way to my house. Thinking about an adapter that would move the pegs up/back and, if my eccentric hub idea could work, adjust the angle of the footpeg too.