A couple vids featuring the Alta

C5tor

This kid (Noah Clark) has some nice videos featuring the Alta. He's an experienced GNCC rider that I follow on youtube, trying to pick up some fast riding tips. He's a pretty fast rider.

Anyway, he borrowed an Alta, and he and his friend were playing around with it in this vid. I love the expressions on the first time riders when they try the Alta.

Here, he does a lap time comparison between the Alta and a YZ250 in the woods. It certainly looked like he was going faster on the Alta (and he thought he was as well), but it ends up he was a bit slower. I'm sure a bit more practice on the Alta would even them up.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Frank-the-Dog likes the Alta, LOL! That was funny.

My cat passed away recently. :cry: She liked the Alta too. She liked to sit in the backyard right next to my figure-8 track and watch me practice. She was not afraid at all.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The Alta was moving and jumping underneath him much more than his YZ250 did. Either it is a suspension tuning, or perhaps also the the way the Alta pitches much more over obstacles.

He was lugging that YZ250, so I can't think it was generating more than 25-35 hp peak. The Alta is heavier, but it is at least as number as the YZ250.

I am thinking whatever lap time differences he measured we probably due to his short seat time on the bike and the suspension tuning on the Alta.