2nd mx race on the Alta mxr

Rocketz152

Well I raced the fall classic mx at the Billings Motorcycle Club 2 weeks ago... 2nd off the start. Passed for first with a 15 second lead. 2nd Moto, had a 2nd place start again and passed for first with a 7 second lead... I race vet b (intermediate) and run against 450s for the most part... The race is 6 laps @ 2 miles per lap and I'm burning roughly 1/2 battery per race...the bike performs flawlessly and I can't say enough of how much I love this bike with the power and the way it handles!IMG_7105.jpg

Rocketz152

It's definitely cool to see and hear everyone's race reports! I think that's the best way to get these bikes into the mainstream mx scene...My Alta has been drawing crowds at the races (you almost feel like a celebrity answering everybody's questions lol) it definitely makes other racers nervous when you're lining up beside them! I'm the only guy on the Eastern side of Montana that has one!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Im going to have to play this weekend, would be kind of different not being able to feather clutch of nose starts coming up

I ride and race primarily in map 4 , as well. If the front end does come up at the start, just back off the throttle a touch. Feather that right hand :). Typically on concrete starts i'll roll into the throttle off the gate, and then wack the throttle when i hit the dirt. On dirt, i just wack it from the get go. On dirt, get your chin over the handlebars and squeeze the bike with your legs to keep it straight.