25 hours of starvation ridge 2020

Jared

@F451 if you committed to go, but then your health tanked while at the event I have a friend that would probably love to ride this race (he just doesn’t have an Alta). Standby rider potential?

bluefxstc

We are entered. :eek: Only three riders so far, @Redwolf, @Jared and me. We can have up to 6 riders so anyone else who want to join, speak up. Any and all Alta riders are welcome. The race is 10/31 to 11/1, happy Halloween, and is actually 25 hours because of the time change. Last year was a great race and we had a lot of fun. You don't have to be fast to ride with us. We are out there just to ride and have fun. Jared is pretty fast, but Redwolf and me aren't, so don't let lack of racing experience or slow speed keep you from participating. My goals in the race are to finish, not get hurt and have fun. I compete to complete, not to win. Just a note, the race is actually a protest event. As a protest they can't shut it down so it should happen. The race has a large pit area so social distancing shouldn't be a problem so it should be pretty safe. You can check out the thread from last year for some pictures and videos from last years race.

Laps are in the 15-20 mile range. I think last years lap was about 17 miles. No problems last year with finishing a lap with the Alta. First lap was a little longer with the start, but even with that i don't think anyone finished with a flashing battery display. I think the most we routinely used was 50-75% of the battery per lap.

Let me know if you want to join us, we would love to fill out the race entry with 6 Alta riders.

@Silent But Dirty @ElectroBraap @revoltlution @magatta @p0wn @Mark911 @Speedkills @SuburbanDad @Rashid510 @Judaslefourbe @TCMB371 @C5tor

bluefxstc

what are we protesting, pristine wheat fields?

Basically, if it is a protest, then they (the state, govt officials...) can't shut it down. The protest from my understanding is that we should be able to ride if we take proper safety precautions and that rural areas shouldn't be treated the same as large metropolitan areas. The rural areas have different risks and so should be under different restrictions. According to the organizers several other groups (equestrian) have used this classification so that they could hold the event and not be shut down.

I guess we are protesting that the ride is only 17 miles and not 20. Also that the riding is too good so we have to continue to go back year after year to get our fix. :)

F451

If you guys are still looking for teammates, give Josh Hill a shout. I would not be surprised if he would not come up for the fun. If he can't make it this year, tell him to put it on his calendar for next year. Btw, Snydes posted a vid with Josh Hill in it, and it got me thinking.

Josh Hill Real Moto 2020 on his Alta

bluefxstc

If you guys are still looking for teammates, give Josh Hill a shout. I would not be surprised if he would not come up for the fun. If he can't make it this year, tell him to put it on his calendar for next year. Btw, Snydes posted a vid with Josh Hill in it, and it got me thinking.

Josh Hill Real Moto 2020 on his Alta
Awesome idea, any idea how to contact him? I don't have a facebook or instagram account. Anyone know if he is on the forum? I will keep working on it, but if anyone knows how to contact him, send him an invite. Would love to have any and all Alta riders at the event, especially someone as fast as Josh. He would make up for me being slow. :eek:

F451

Awesome idea, any idea how to contact him? I don't have a facebook or instagram account. Anyone know if he is on the forum? I will keep working on it, but if anyone knows how to contact him, send him an invite. Would love to have any and all Alta riders at the event, especially someone as fast as Josh. He would make up for me being slow. :eek:

I will track him down if you guys want me to get out an invite to him.

Not sure if you guys have a "team leader", so speak up and let me know if you want me to try to track him down and I will try.

He's from Oregon so I wouldn't be surprised if someone in my larger moto circle knows him. We should be able to contact him more directly then just posting on his Insta or youtube account . I'd start here on this forum, put a post up in the General forum and see if anyone knows him. I didn't see any user names here that would indicate that he is one here.

bluefxstc

Not sure if you guys have a "team leader", so speak up and let me know if you want me to try to track him down and I will try.

I guess I would be the "team leader", if we have one. We would love to have him and any other rider. right now we are sitting a 3 confirmed riders with a max of 6 so we would welcome 3 more Alta riders to the team.

F451

I guess I would be the "team leader", if we have one. We would love to have him and any other rider. right now we are sitting a 3 confirmed riders with a max of 6 so we would welcome 3 more Alta riders to the team.

Cool. Let me see what I can find out, I'll direct him to this thread if I can reach him. I'll keep you posted.

F451

Just occurred to me, if by chance he did join your team, if would likely bump the entire team into a AA or Pro class (not sure what all classes are being run). Not that it should matter, I know you guys are there more for the experience then trying to bag a trophy, but it is a consideration. Usually teams have to be in the class of your fastest and/or youngest member.

snydes

Staff member
Don't worry, if someone was able to get Josh to participate you will have so many additional members coming out of the woodwork to join up that you would have to break it up into multiple teams anyways :D

bluefxstc

Just occurred to me, if by chance he did join your team, if would likely bump the entire team into a AA or Pro class (not sure what all classes are being run). Not that it should matter, I know you guys are there more for the experience then trying to bag a trophy, but it is a consideration. Usually teams have to be in the class of your fastest and/or youngest member.
We are in the club class so not sure it matters. No money involved, not even sure if there is a trophy, just bragging rights. Not a big deal to me if we are in a faster class. All the classes ride together so the ride for everyone would be the same, we would just complete and extra lap or two if we have faster riders.

bluefxstc

Don't worry, if someone was able to get Josh to participate you will have so many additional members coming out of the woodwork to join up that you would have to break it up into multiple teams anyways :D
I was wondering about that. Pretty sure if Josh did join we wouldn't have a problem filling out the other 2 spots available and would probably have to add a couple more teams. Fastest, faster, and fast