25 hours of starvation ridge 2020

F451

We are in the club class so not sure it matters. No money involved, not even sure if there is a trophy, just bragging rights. Not a big deal to me if we are in a faster class. All the classes ride together so the ride for everyone would be the same, we would just complete and extra lap or two if we have faster riders.

Right on, I figured but didn't want to make any assumptions.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Just occurred to me, if by chance he did join your team, if would likely bump the entire team into a AA or Pro class (not sure what all classes are being run). Not that it should matter, I know you guys are there more for the experience then trying to bag a trophy, but it is a consideration. Usually teams have to be in the class of your fastest and/or youngest member.
What is the "youngest" rider at the moment? Like 70? :unsure: (Don't worry, I'm not far behind.)

bluefxstc

Well, mentally I'm still 16... Never got the hang of growing up.
I am probably the oldest of the registered riders, but like @Redwolf I also never grew up. I figured that when someone could articulate a good reason to grow up, I would think about it. So far no one has articulated what I felt was a good reason, so I just said NO! I have gotten slower though as the years pass, oh well.

VINSANITY

I got this set up to work with the hand guard mounts

It is a 10” wide 30 watt bar light off of ebay

Good light actually - I had a Baja designs squadron light previously and this is comparable with better peripheral light

76AFEC8A-546A-46BF-8FA6-E44EF928D9DA.png

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I made up a simple light bar mount using the mirror mounts, a short pigtail with a split all connected by trx connectors so I can replace parts as needed and it all fits in a cheap bicycle handlebar bag nice and clean.

20201005_162526.jpg

20201005_162559.jpg

F451

If you guys are still looking for teammates, give Josh Hill a shout. I would not be surprised if he would not come up for the fun. If he can't make it this year, tell him to put it on his calendar for next year. Btw, Snydes posted a vid with Josh Hill in it, and it got me thinking.

Josh Hill Real Moto 2020 on his Alta

No luck getting in touch with @joshill75. Reached out to a couple of industry people, they thought they could get through to him. Crickets since. Sent him a private msg on Instagram, no response. Just posted a reply to one of his Insta posts pointing him to my private msg to him, not expecting a response to that either.

I did not send him a message on Facebook as I recently deactivated my FB account (I LOVE it, highly recommend it).

So if anyone wants to try to reach out to him, that is another route that could be tried. In all reality, next year would have probably been the only chance for him to participate with his busy schedule, but I thought if we reached out now he might consider it for next year.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I made up a simple light bar mount using the mirror mounts, a short pigtail with a split all connected by trx connectors so I can replace parts as needed and it all fits in a cheap bicycle handlebar bag nice and clean.
Great setup, although not sure if I am digging the bike-purse look.

But once again, you guys are way overthinking this mounting thing. True redneck engineering requires finesse and ingenuity, the ability to think beyond conventional wisdom, and a keen awareness of the resources available in your environment. Like duct tape. (Okay, mostly duct tape.)

1602265935340.png1602265992379.png
1602266081196.png1602266144027.png
1602266359929.png

F451

Whatever do, don't do what I did. Or I should say my team did. Middle of the night I've got my entire lighting system in pieces trying to re-configure it. I've got a few hours to my next lap, so no worries. Teammate comes up to me and says "Get your shit together we need you to go out for the next lap." I'm like "ok, when?" He says "15 minutes."

What the f?

I throw everything together, thinking I'm all set. Its an insane mud race. Its taking me forever to complete my lap. Halfway through my lap, my 2 handlebar lights go out (I don't have a normal headlight on my YZ 250). Crap. I soldier along in the mud, the blood, and the beer (just kidding on the blood and beer) with just my helmet light. A few miles later, my helmet light is done. Major crap. I try to ride in the dark, not working too good.

I get out my little emergency repair flashlight, rig it to my helmet, I can barely see about 5 feet directly in front of me. I carry on. Every time a bike would over take me I was over joyed. I CAN SEE! For two seconds, Lol. I don't know how many times I crashed, smashed into rocks, etc.

Finally got to the last check point right before the very last one that gets you into the pits. They couldn't believe I was out there with no lights. I couldn't tell where the track went, I'm asking them, how do I get to that last check point? They're yelling, THERE! RIGHT THERE! GO RIGHT THERE!

Lol.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Whatever do, don't do what I did. Or I should say my team did. Middle of the night I've got my entire lighting system in pieces trying to re-configure it. I've got a few hours to my next lap, so no worries. Teammate comes up to me and says "Get your shit together we need you to go out for the next lap." I'm like "ok, when?" He says "15 minutes."

What the f?

I throw everything together, thinking I'm all set. Its an insane mud race. Its taking me forever to complete my lap. Halfway through my lap, my 2 handlebar lights go out (I don't have a normal headlight on my YZ 250). Crap. I soldier along in the mud, the blood, and the beer (just kidding on the blood and beer) with just my helmet light. A few miles later, my helmet light is done. Major crap. I try to ride in the dark, not working too good.

I get out my little emergency repair flashlight, rig it to my helmet, I can barely see about 5 feet directly in front of me. I carry on. Every time a bike would over take me I was over joyed. I CAN SEE! For two seconds, Lol. I don't know how many times I crashed, smashed into rocks, etc.

Finally got to the last check point right before the very last one that gets you into the pits. They couldn't believe I was out there with no lights. I couldn't tell where the track went, I'm asking them, how do I get to that last check point? They're yelling, THERE! RIGHT THERE! GO RIGHT THERE!

Lol.

So, did you get back to the pits? Don't leave us hangin' in the middle of the story! In the movies, this is usually where the blizzard hits, the hero has to dig an ice cave, and then eat his own boots to survive. Then the light dawns, he comes out of the ice cave, and the pits are on the other side of the snow drift.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
So, did you get back to the pits? Don't leave us hangin' in the middle of the story! In the movies, this is usually where the blizzard hits, the hero has to dig an ice cave, and then eat his own boots to survive. Then the light dawns, he comes out of the ice cave, and the pits are on the other side of the snow drift.
You'll just have to come up and race with us to see how it ends!

F451

Ha ha! Yes, completed my lap from hell. Sorry didn’t mean to post a cliff hanger.

bluefxstc

No luck getting in touch with @joshill75. Reached out to a couple of industry people, they thought they could get through to him. Crickets since. Sent him a private msg on Instagram, no response. Just posted a reply to one of his Insta posts pointing him to my private msg to him, not expecting a response to that either.

I did not send him a message on Facebook as I recently deactivated my FB account (I LOVE it, highly recommend it).

So if anyone wants to try to reach out to him, that is another route that could be tried. In all reality, next year would have probably been the only chance for him to participate with his busy schedule, but I thought if we reached out now he might consider it for next year.

Thanks for trying