24 Hours of Starvation Ridge in WA -- October 26 & 27, 2019 (new dates)

Jared

Anyone from the West coast interested in doing the 2020 NE 24hr Challenge! July 18th & 19, 2020? It is 2300 miles and 33 hours from my house in Boise, but we could meet up here and keep going east. I have enough property here to park multiple vehicles and can probably get access to a trailer capable of hauling 4 bikes and a generator so we can share in the costs/driving. I must have mental issues, I am only 2 days past doing one 24 hour race and I am thinking about doing another. :eek: Probably either need to ride more or get therapy.
All of my adult life employment has prevented me from thinking about this kind of adventure, but July next year might find me able to participate in something like this...

Jared

Anyone have some GoPro footage of a lap of the race? I am trying to picture what the course was like. Glad you guys had so much fun.
I don’t think anyone got footage; I would have but recently broke mounting foot on GoPro and haven’t replaced yet, here is a link that will give you an idea of what the course is like
track moisture conditions were also similar to 2019.

F451

@bluefxstc spotted at 32:52

That is hilarious, dirt bike peeps are so courteous.

Reminds me of one of these 24 hr races I was trundling along minding my own business in the middle of a beautiful day just loving life zipping across a wide field. I heard a big 4 stroke gaining on me so I held my line and was thinking there is tons of room, multiple lines, this guy will blow by me before I ever see him.

Just as he gets near me, a little closer then I would have liked given all the room we had, I hear this very loud yell from the passing rider and then he's gone. It sounded like an angry, get the hell out of the way yell. I was shocked and wondering what the hell all at the same time. What a dick! I remember thinking. Two seconds later I decided to forget about it and get back to my "wow I am such an awesome person to be doing this race, look at me go mode".

Got back to the pits all proud of myself for riding a dirt bike, sometime after a super fast friend stops by, he asks me if I heard him yell to me when he passed me. Turns out it was my buddy yelling encouragement to me as he went by "Hey, go Ed!" or something like that. Oh my god, I was dying, told him my side of the story, we both got a good laugh out of it.

F451

And I would LOVE to road trip back east for the 24 hr race. I will be monitoring things and if any of you knuckleheads actually do this, health allowing, I may join in, either as a driver/pit crew or even racing. I'm a mile from I90, can be on the way in 5 mins, Lol.

bluefxstc

That is hilarious, dirt bike peeps are so courteous.

Reminds me of one of these 24 hr races I was trundling along minding my own business in the middle of a beautiful day just loving life zipping across a wide field. I heard a big 4 stroke gaining on me so I held my line and was thinking there is tons of room, multiple lines, this guy will blow by me before I ever see him.

Just as he gets near me, a little closer then I would have liked given all the room we had, I hear this very loud yell from the passing rider and then he's gone. It sounded like an angry, get the hell out of the way yell. I was shocked and wondering what the hell all at the same time. What a dick! I remember thinking. Two seconds later I decided to forget about it and get back to my "wow I am such an awesome person to be doing this race, look at me go mode".

Got back to the pits all proud of myself for riding a dirt bike, sometime after a super fast friend stops by, he asks me if I heard him yell to me when he passed me. Turns out it was my buddy yelling encouragement to me as he went by "Hey, go Ed!" or something like that. Oh my god, I was dying, told him my side of the story, we both got a good laugh out of it.

I was one of the slower riders out there so if I heard or saw a rider behind me I got out of the way. I didn't want to hold up a rider or team that actually had a chance of winning. Just finishing without injury and having fun was winning for me.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
And I would LOVE to road trip back east for the 24 hr race. I will be monitoring things and if any of you knuckleheads actually do this, health allowing, I may join in, either as a driver/pit crew or even racing. I'm a mile from I90, can be on the way in 5 mins, Lol.

The West Coast guys should rent a box car, load the bikes and equipment, and ride the train back East. 3 days of relaxing, scenic views, beers and shooting the bull. Then unload in NY, rent a few Ryder trucks and kick ass at the race. No hotels, rest stops, greasy spoons or sleepless nights driving.

Have no idea if Amtrak has an option for it, but it would be cool if you could work something like that. They do seem to have "auto-train" options on some routes. (Auto Train Boarding and Vehicle Requirements) See America, ride electric dirt bikes, hang out with some friends. Anyway, just a thought. I know my old ass bones wouldn't handle two cross country trips and a 24 hour race in the middle.

1572388464957.png
1572388490291.png

F451

I was one of the slower riders out there so if I heard or saw a rider behind me I got out of the way. I didn't want to hold up a rider or team that actually had a chance of winning. Just finishing without injury and having fun was winning for me.

Right on. And just to be clear I wasn’t trying to make fun of you for being courteous out on the race course, indicating that it is safe to pass is good racing especially if you’re not racing for the lead.

Jared

Right on. And just to be clear I wasn’t trying to make fun of you for being courteous out on the race course, indicating that it is safe to pass is good racing especially if you’re not racing for the lead.
I pull clean off the track and sometimes even stop if my ears detect the rapid approach of an A level rider.

Jared

I pull clean off the track and sometimes even stop if my ears detect the rapid approach of an A level rider.
Other riders with slower approach to pass, I hug the edge of whatever side I’m closest to and keep that line...they have enough time to figure out that I won’t cross in front of them as they pass...pro riders have earned and deserve the courtesy of a quick and stress free pass even if it costs the other rider a couple seconds.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I was just checking out YouTube, saw myself get passed on the evening lap just before the barn. I was making sure he had an easy pass.