24 Hours of Starvation Ridge in WA -- October 26 & 27, 2019 (new dates)

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
With six bikes you have enough time between runs to charge two bikes at a time.

For the NE 24hr race I put together a diesel generator, 8500w continuous. In theory, if each Rapid charger was at full output, 3300 watts, my gen could only handle two chargers, same with the EU6500/7000. In reality, the chargers don't reach their full output on 1.5.1. I'm almost certain we could have run three Rapid chargers on my generator, given that all three chargers would be at different stages of the charge cycle. Unfortunately we didn't think of it at the time and our breakout panel could only accommodate two chargers.
We used one rapid charger and one standard charger, according to the VA meter on the generator we maxed out at 5400 VA so just under the machines rated Max continuous rating.

For the whole race the generator used 10 gallons of fuel, it ran dry as the last bike was charged for the final lap.

snydes

Staff member
Apparently it was a successful event for your group. Initially we had some concerns if range would be an issue on this one, but it sounds like it worked out well. Most important thing is nobody was injured, next that there were no mechanical failures, and then the fact that you finished ahead of a couple groups was just an added bonus!

bluefxstc

On a side note, I was walking down pit row, when one of us was riding in, and it was interesting to hear the comments from the other teams. "that is one of those electric Alta's" "those are cool" "He blew by me and I didn't even hear him" "I want to ride one of those"... I just happened to be in the right place, as I think it was @revoltlution, was riding back and was able to hear the comments as he rode in.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
On a side note, I was walking down pit row, when one of us was riding in, and it was interesting to hear the comments from the other teams. "that is one of those electric Alta's" "those are cool" "He blew by me and I didn't even hear him" "I want to ride one of those"... I just happened to be in the right place, as I think it was @revoltlution, was riding back and was able to hear the comments as he rode in.
Obviously, you heard their comments because the Alta was quiet enough to not drown out their conversation.

bluefxstc

Anyone from the West coast interested in doing the 2020 NE 24hr Challenge! July 18th & 19, 2020? It is 2300 miles and 33 hours from my house in Boise, but we could meet up here and keep going east. I have enough property here to park multiple vehicles and can probably get access to a trailer capable of hauling 4 bikes and a generator so we can share in the costs/driving. I must have mental issues, I am only 2 days past doing one 24 hour race and I am thinking about doing another. :eek: Probably either need to ride more or get therapy.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Anyone from the West coast interested in doing the 2020 NE 24hr Challenge! July 18th & 19, 2020? It is 2300 miles and 33 hours from my house in Boise, but we could meet up here and keep going east. I have enough property here to park multiple vehicles and can probably get access to a trailer capable of hauling 4 bikes and a generator so we can share in the costs/driving. I must have mental issues, I am only 2 days past doing one 24 hour race and I am thinking about doing another. :eek: Probably either need to ride more or get therapy.
Apparently I suffer from the same mental condition.... Sounds like fun.

Some riding therapy is definitely prescribed, and see if we still have these delusions at registration time.

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Anyone from the West coast interested in doing the 2020 NE 24hr Challenge! July 18th & 19, 2020? It is 2300 miles and 33 hours from my house in Boise, but we could meet up here and keep going east. I have enough property here to park multiple vehicles and can probably get access to a trailer capable of hauling 4 bikes and a generator so we can share in the costs/driving. I must have mental issues, I am only 2 days past doing one 24 hour race and I am thinking about doing another. :eek: Probably either need to ride .more or get therapy.

Absolutely! You guys will have a blast! I can coordinate all the entries, etc. I'm also building a new, larger, diesel generator, just because I love diesel generators..... lol. We have 5 Altas coming, and I'm sure others will sign up.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Anyone have some GoPro footage of a lap of the race? I am trying to picture what the course was like. Glad you guys had so much fun.