24 Hours of Starvation Ridge in WA -- October 26 & 27, 2019 (new dates)

bluefxstc

Did you look at the muddy mess one? I am game, but not sure I could make the 2018 event. After watching the Perry Mt video, definitely need to get the lighting figured out and not sure if I can make that happen in time for 2018. Could probably rush and make it happen, but would need help from Alta. The electrical systems on these bikes seems a bit finicky so need to figure out what will work or go with self contained battery lighting systems.

snydes

Staff member
Did you look at the muddy mess one? I am game, but not sure I could make the 2018 event. After watching the Perry Mt video, definitely need to get the lighting figured out and not sure if I can make that happen in time for 2018. Could probably rush and make it happen, but would need help from Alta. The electrical systems on these bikes seems a bit finicky so need to figure out what will work or go with self contained battery lighting systems.

The battery option is only really another $50 or so over the hardwire systems if going with something like a Task Racing light so I’d opt for that route to take the guesswork out of it. It would be great to know what the Altas wiring would support but I’m guessing we are going to be on our own to find out the hard way. Looks like several competitors in that short video were using just their bikes standard light and a helmet light so being as how that race is not in the woods you may be able to get away with less light. Obviously more would be better/safer.

Speedkills

Wow, just saw this. I won't be available during the time it's running but still know a bunch of guys who participate if anyone needs contacts. Scheduling to have my knee fixed up soon so hopefully in the not to distance future I won't have to sit down so much when I ride.

MrTaskRacing

The battery option is only really another $50 or so over the hardwire systems if going with something like a Task Racing light so I’d opt for that route to take the guesswork out of it. It would be great to know what the Altas wiring would support but I’m guessing we are going to be on our own to find out the hard way. Looks like several competitors in that short video were using just their bikes standard light and a helmet light so being as how that race is not in the woods you may be able to get away with less light. Obviously more would be better/safer.

Hi Steve--- and thanks for reaching out. Yes, we have fully rechargeable light systems, or if feasible, can plug into the bikes power--- though I know ever ounce of energy is coveted in those Altas. Like I mentioned, if you have a group of guys that commit to doing a 100% Alta bike team, I would be happy to get you guys sponsored by Task Racing with some sponsored discounts for your team members. I think that would be a great endeavor to get behind and see how you all do. The key to any 24hr isn't always coming in first, it's simply finishing. THAT is the accomplishment. So much goes awry during a 24hr race that is unanticipated, and so everyone must prepare, but also think on the fly. Task Racing comes to many of the 24 hr races an physically attends. I personally attend Perry Mountain 24Hr in Maplesvile , AL in June, The Northeast 24Hr Challenge in Andover, NY in July and The GutBuster 24hr Challenge in Jacksboro/Dallas TX region in Jan/Feb timeframe. The ones I usually remotely support are Starvation Ride in WA, The JBC /Glen Helen 24Hr race in Socal, and The Baja 1000 in MX. There are dozens of other night events and series we take a part in around the US and Europe ---- as that is our thing. And we cater to the riders and their efforts. When it comes to these events, we are THE RACERS CHOICE.

Get a group representative to reach out, explain what your needs are, and I can usually steer you in the right direction. For a Race, I would say minimum of a light bar and 1 helmet light. More is always better, but at least with my products, a 10" light bar and 1 Moto Adventure helmet light will get you around 4+ hours of riding at race pace without issue. Hope that helps gents! Cheers, Mark at Task Racing

snydes

Staff member
Hi Steve--- and thanks for reaching out. Yes, we have fully rechargeable light systems, or if feasible, can plug into the bikes power--- though I know ever ounce of energy is coveted in those Altas. Like I mentioned, if you have a group of guys that commit to doing a 100% Alta bike team, I would be happy to get you guys sponsored by Task Racing with some sponsored discounts for your team members. I think that would be a great endeavor to get behind and see how you all do. The key to any 24hr isn't always coming in first, it's simply finishing. THAT is the accomplishment. So much goes awry during a 24hr race that is unanticipated, and so everyone must prepare, but also think on the fly. Task Racing comes to many of the 24 hr races an physically attends. I personally attend Perry Mountain 24Hr in Maplesvile , AL in June, The Northeast 24Hr Challenge in Andover, NY in July and The GutBuster 24hr Challenge in Jacksboro/Dallas TX region in Jan/Feb timeframe. The ones I usually remotely support are Starvation Ride in WA, The JBC /Glen Helen 24Hr race in Socal, and The Baja 1000 in MX. There are dozens of other night events and series we take a part in around the US and Europe ---- as that is our thing. And we cater to the riders and their efforts. When it comes to these events, we are THE RACERS CHOICE.

Get a group representative to reach out, explain what your needs are, and I can usually steer you in the right direction. For a Race, I would say minimum of a light bar and 1 helmet light. More is always better, but at least with my products, a 10" light bar and 1 Moto Adventure helmet light will get you around 4+ hours of riding at race pace without issue. Hope that helps gents! Cheers, Mark at Task Racing

It’s great to hear from you Mark! Thanks so much for your support! I feel this is going to develop into something quite different and interesting. We will definitely be in touch (y)

MrTaskRacing

It’s great to hear from you Mark! Thanks so much for your support! I feel this is going to develop into something quite different and interesting. We will definitely be in touch (y)

Sounds exciting!!!! I want one of these bikes someday in the stable, so it'll be fun to see this up close and personal! Cheers and let me know if you need any help. Happy to do so! Cheers, Mark Slover - Task Racing