2021 Alta Rally/Race/Meetup (September 25-26)

JW884

Do we think COVID will be manageable by spring because it is one vote ahead? It also seems that for most people if there is a smaller winter rally they will still come to another northeast rally. Any thoughts?
I personally would do either spring or early summer since I think I'll be racing a series that mid-summer/fall and may not have any weekends open.

Mikec265

Alright, 12 people voted on the pole. It looks like the North East wins the location and the time of year is pretty close only separated by 1 vote. Do we think COVID will be manageable by spring because it is one vote ahead? It also seems that for most people if there is a smaller winter rally they will still come to another northeast rally. Any thoughts?
If covid is still going on I would prefer a location that allows normal freedoms. I'm one of those people who refuses to wear a mask.
As long as no one is going to bust my balls over the mask thing, and my work schedule cooperates, I'm in.

Matt

E-Rider
If covid is still going on I would prefer a location that allows normal freedoms. I'm one of those people who refuses to wear a mask.
As long as no one is going to bust my balls over the mask thing, and my work schedule cooperates, I'm in.
I think there won't be many issues in terms of an event like this as we all will be ridding and outside. The tracks and ride areas in NY only require masks when checking/paying for a pass. Through if things get a lot worse this may be something to re-visit

Mikec265

If you are considering doing it PM me and we can talk details. I’d love to meet up. Nothing better than escaping our winter in February!
Getting closer to that time. We may be making the trip to Durhamtown soon for my son's birthday. I gotta stop in Salisbury, NC before the 11th at a semi truck/trailer auction. All is pending on my last second unpredictable work schedule.

Worst case if we don't go down south, we will be renting Switchback indoors in Butler, PA at some Point. Hotels are close to it and "Weiner's Gone Wild!" is a good place to eat just up the road.

I'd be willing to meet anyone at Switchback in Butler, PA or Ram Jam on the west side of Cleveland, OH anytime if I'm not trucking. Both indoor arenacross tracks.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Ram Jam is just 2 hours from me when I am in Michigan in the summer. Maybe I will check them out in April-May-June when the whole Midwest is often under water.

snydes

Staff member
Getting closer to that time. We may be making the trip to Durhamtown soon for my son's birthday. I gotta stop in Salisbury, NC before the 11th at a semi truck/trailer auction. All is pending on my last second unpredictable work schedule.

Worst case if we don't go down south, we will be renting Switchback indoors in Butler, PA at some Point. Hotels are close to it and "Weiner's Gone Wild!" is a good place to eat just up the road.

I'd be willing to meet anyone at Switchback in Butler, PA or Ram Jam on the west side of Cleveland, OH anytime if I'm not trucking. Both indoor arenacross tracks.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we’re not going to be doing the Durhamtown trip this year. Switchback looks neat. Might have to consider that at some point.

Matt

E-Rider
Alright. It has been a while since I have commented here. I have kinda been waiting on what will be happening with covid. I think it would be wise to try and meet sometime in June somewhere in the north east. We could do central NY but another option that may be fun for all would be northern PA. There are a few tracks and some large riding parks with lots of trails in that area. Either way, opening this back up and hoping to select a location and date.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I am itching to test out camping in my motovan again. I loved it every time I got a chance to do it. Maybe I should take a year off to travel the country and to visit every MX track and ORV riding area in the US!
Sounds like the topic of a good book or documentary. You can call it “Long Way to the Next Bathroom” or “Where the F* Did I Park My Motovan?”

JW884

I am itching to test out camping in my motovan again. I loved it every time I got a chance to do it. Maybe I should take a year off to travel the country and to visit every MX track and ORV riding area in the US!
I plan on doing something similar with my motovan. About Late August-December 2022 my girlfriend & I are gonna hit all 48 lower states and I'm bringing the Alta & maybe a grom. I'll be sure to document as much as I can. And would love to meet up with other members while we're out.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I plan on doing something similar with my motovan. About Late August-December 2022 my girlfriend & I are gonna hit all 48 lower states and I'm bringing the Alta & maybe a grom. I'll be sure to document as much as I can. And would love to meet up with other members while we're out.
When you get out to Washington, give me a yell! I'll show you around.