2021 Alta Rally/Race/Meetup (September 25-26)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I plan on doing something similar with my motovan. About Late August-December 2022 my girlfriend & I are gonna hit all 48 lower states and I'm bringing the Alta & maybe a grom. I'll be sure to document as much as I can. And would love to meet up with other members while we're out.
This will be exciting! Keep us updated. I can show you some Michigan tracks, or maybe western Arizona tracks in December.

JW884

This will be exciting! Keep us updated. I can show you some Michigan tracks, or maybe western Arizona tracks in December.
Absolutely! I'll probably end up making a thread when the time comes. And having some connections to show us around local spots would be great.

Matt

E-Rider
I haven't forgotten about this thread despite passing spring. Have a few things in the works. Looking like I will have a track builder out to my property late July for a full rebuild/new track. Hoping when this becomes more clear to try and schedule a date for a meet. My current thought is ride at the fresh track and at tall pines atv park which is about 45 minutes from my track and land but still open to other concepts. For those who came last time the track will be light years ahead of what it was. When you all rode it, it was several years old at that point and all for the rocks had lifted to the top. Cheers -Matt

Matt

E-Rider
If it'll be a weekend event (at least 2 days riding) then I'm in!
That would be the plan maybe a Friday -sunday for anyone who wants to take a day off of work. Tall pines is open all week so really anyone could make it as long as they wanted. Also people are welcome to come to my family's land where the track is early also. 👍 When my track guy gets a better picture of timing I will throw out some dates 🤘

Matt

E-Rider
Alright let's schedule a weekend. My track guy should be rebuilding/building a new track sometime the week of August 9th unless it falls through but it is looking good. I was thinking the last weekend in August or one of the weekends following. Welcome to hear any thoughts on dates that do or don't work. Again there will be trail riding at tall pines and track riding at my property. Everyone is welcome to camp out with RVs or tents at my property. If my track for some reason doesn't get rebuilt we can ride at another local track potentially or do a second day at tall pines or another trail riding place near by. My date preference would be the last weekend in August but I am free pretty much any of the follow weekends or the weekend prior. Can be a 3 day event or even longer if desired.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
August 28-29 Sat/Sun fits my schedule great! I will have that Friday off, so I can arrive not too late on Friday evening.

The only thing is, I may be too beat up after my Thursday, August 26th AJ Catanzaro class. Last time I went to his class in Phoenix and discharged 4 bike batteries, I has sore muscles all over and severe muscle cramps for 6 weeks, LOL! Now I know it was electrolyte deficiency, so I will try to stay properly hydrated this time, hehe.

JW884

Personally, I'd prefer early-mid Sept. if possible since I'm booked for pretty much all of August (14th Unadilla, 21st Budds Creek, 28th Maine Event @ MX207) Weekend of the 9/11-12th? If not don't wait up for me! I'd love to join but just wanna give my gf at least a weekend break from all this riding lol. If I can make it, I'd love to Vlog the whole weekend and post it up here for us!

JW884

Here is a Straw Poll for dates 2021 NE Alta Meet Up | StrawPoll.com . Pick all dates that work for you. There is an option for those who can't attend this year but would like to next year. On that note AJ told me he would like to attend an Alta get-together next year but we need to plan it 4-5 months in advance.
@Matt All the Sept. dates are Tues-Wed. Is that on purpose? And I really hope I can make the get-together with AJ (and should be able to if it's before August)

Matt

E-Rider
Alright, an update for everyone interested in coming. Looks like for this year sept 25th and 26th is the preferred date. Because there isn't a large interest for this year I am going to open up the event to other gas riders I know here in NY. My track has still not been rebuilt. I am meeting with my track guy at the property this week to discuss plans and he will be putting me in the books for early September which will actually be better with respect to riding on it on the 25th and 26th. My thought is everyone is welcome to come in Friday or earlier if desired, we can ride the track and few trails that I have on Saturday, have a bonfire, grill up some food and then Sunday spend the day at Tall Pines ATV park riding trails. I am open to changing the plan to include more days or other riding locations within a few hours also. If you plan to come reply below and I will create a group message for more detailed information.