2021 Alta Rally/Race/Meetup (September 25-26)

Matt

E-Rider
Wow! That is spectacular. I can't imagine how much work goes into building a track that size.
2 days of dozer work if you know the right guy haha. They make quick work of it (relatively) if you have good dirt and enough of an incline they don't have to bring in dirt. In NY I only know 2 guys who are building tracks like these. They are life long riders so they know how to build the jumps. It's amazing watching them build features. For size reference this track is about 5 acres and a full loop of the track is .6 miles. A lot of the dirt was exisitng from the original track which was also built in 2 days.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Super impressive, Matt! I am itching to ride by just looking at it! I can't imagine not wanting to come and ride there ASAP! Maybe we should have a new vote, LOL! I just hope the weather holds up on September 25th and 26th.

Mikec265

I will be at Pleasure Valley that weekend for the big Pastrana race. Any Alta owner is always welcome to ride at my place near Erie, PA. I finally got a 1500 gallon water tank, so anytime is good. Dozer coming soon to revamp the tracks. Looking for a test dummy to jump this yellow thing we just got ...

IMG_20210821_121658937.jpg

Screenshot_20210830-233026.png

Matt

E-Rider
I think weather wise we will hopefully hit the sweet spot with the 25th 26th weekend. Should be mid to upper 60s and the dirt won't be super dry. The only potential for bad weather I would say will be heavy rain and thunderstorms so we will keep an eye on that. If the track ends up being swamped for some reason we can ride Tall pines both days. I don't think it will though. Those photos were taken after it rained all night and the track didn't have much sitting water. I will be making a Facebook event tonight with full details for everyone not on this forum. Hopefully there will be a decent turn out of riders in general and we can get some fun lines worked into the track.

Mikec265

You guys and your uber-nice tracks are killing me with envy over here on the dry and burning west coast. Have fun with your fancy-smanshy dirt and your water and your not-burning stuff. 😢
If it makes you feel any better, I don't get to ride it much. After working, usually my kid and his buddies do the lion's share of riding. I do enjoy training the kids, and really it's all about the kids for me. Otherwise I'd be at Matt's house in September.

JW884

Track looks awesome @Matt ! Didn't realize the Pastrana Challenge is that same weekend. I've been wanting to race that for about 2 years now so not sure which I'll end up doing that weekend:unsure:. And @Mikec265 I'd hit test that ramp for you! Preferably if it was closer than 8hrs away haha

Mikec265

Track looks awesome @Matt ! Didn't realize the Pastrana Challenge is that same weekend. I've been wanting to race that for about 2 years now so not sure which I'll end up doing that weekend:unsure:. And @Mikec265 I'd hit test that ramp for you! Preferably if it was closer than 8hrs away haha
The Alta rally and the Pastrana Race are both super cool events. I couldn't tell you which one to miss. The guy in this picture definitely wants to see Travis again, so that's what my decision is based on.

1630600659440759598731903081836.jpg

Matt

E-Rider
For those interested in the rally add me on Facebook and I will add you to the event which has more details such as address and such. The pastrana thing sounds awesome. He was always my childhood idol.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I think I have slightly lost track of this thread. Is the meetup next weekend? Who is coming? We should probably update the thread title to include the dates.

Matt

E-Rider
It is next weekend yes. Was just there riding yesterday and the dirt was perfect. Expecting a bit of rain on Wednesday and then low 70s and cloud cover for the weekend so the dirt should be perfect. In terms of who is comming it is kinda up in the air. There is a group of gas bikes that are comming and then some Alta guys who are likely comming but I don't know if any locked in yet.

JW884

It is next weekend yes. Was just there riding yesterday and the dirt was perfect. Expecting a bit of rain on Wednesday and then low 70s and cloud cover for the weekend so the dirt should be perfect. In terms of who is comming it is kinda up in the air. There is a group of gas bikes that are comming and then some Alta guys who are likely comming but I don't know if any locked in yet.
I have some suspension problems with my 250 and hoping to get it worked out this week but unsure if it'll be set in time (Hopefully 250, alta, and pitbike). I'd say I'm fairly sure I can come (trying to find a friend to come with me for the drive). @Matt is it okay if I arrive late? 6hr drive and I could get there 11-12 if I leave after work friday. And keep us updated with the weather and looking forward to it!

Matt

E-Rider
I have some suspension problems with my 250 and hoping to get it worked out this week but unsure if it'll be set in time (Hopefully 250, alta, and pitbike). I'd say I'm fairly sure I can come (trying to find a friend to come with me for the drive). @Matt is it okay if I arrive late? 6hr drive and I could get there 11-12 if I leave after work friday. And keep us updated with the weather and looking forward to it!
You are welcome to come anytime! I will be at the track all Friday and Saturday and early Sunday before heading to tall pines 👍 also welcome to bring a friend or multiple friends 👍