2020 NE 24hr Challenge! July 18th & 19st 2020 Team AltaOwnersForum.com

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Who's up for the 2020 NE 24hr Challenge? This years event is July 18 & 19th, 2020.

This time we know what we're doing. We know what to bring. We know what not to bring. We'll be better organized.

We need 5-6 Alta riders to make up a team.

Here's who's in:

@OneLapper

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Ok, that's two guys! And a spare bike for parts! LOL. Fortunately we had zero bike problems last year!

So right now @Matt and I can sign up for the Duo Team! Unfortunately, the charge time will be an issue. The laps are around 35-40 minutes, but the recharge time is about 2 hours. Some quick cocktail napkin math and a duo team could get 4 laps (alternating/charging) complete then need to charge from 25 to 100% at around 1:15 which no one is riding. Rough math, again, we could get 4 laps in 5:15hr, which would be 19 laps over the 24 hours.

We'll revise the math when more people join up!

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Ok! Go ahead and tell me I'm crazy, but @Matt and I are considering a Duo Team. On Altas.

So after some serious calculations and wild estimates, it just might be possible to get two laps on a full charge. IF that can be done, that would put the rider out there for about 80 minutes. 80 minutes is close to a full charge with the rapid charger on 240vac, right? We'd have to cut the balance stage short, but it with some experimenting we can test our numbers.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Wow, that's cutting it close. Time to practice your hyper-miling race technique!
I've spent a year trying to master this. I'd have to say I've got the minimizing wheel spin down. Carrying momentum into and through the corners is a bit tougher! But I work on it and see an improvement in my speed and energy use.