2019 EXR Ride Pics (Central Nevada)

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I went to their site and don’t see Alta listed. What model did you buy? Looks nice!!
Our good buddy Philip posted the link to order this plate on another thread, I literally clicked on the link and placed the order.

Thanks for the info. I searched their site twice before but could not find it. Here is the link:
ALTA full plate | SX Slide Plates

Rix

Today was a great and monumental day for me. First ride on my Alta post my total knee replacement 7 weeks ago. I had a great 21 mile dual sport ride. Didn't push it hard off road, very little air, and got a thumbs up from a truck load of people with "4Weeln"license plate on their truck when I rode a wheelie for a block or so. Leg is a little fatigued, but feels good over all. Was a great day.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Congratulations on getting back in the saddle!! Looks like you are having some nice weather to ride too. I just got back from a short ride up Buck mountain, or tried to, hit snow at around the 1500 foot mark which forced me to turn back. And I forgot the camera to share with y'all.

Reactions: Rix

Rix

Congratulations on getting back in the saddle!! Looks like you are having some nice weather to ride too. I just got back from a short ride up Buck mountain, or tried to, hit snow at around the 1500 foot mark which forced me to turn back. And I forgot the camera to share with y'all.
Next time bring your camera. Our snowline here in NV is around 5500 feet where Im at.

Trialsman

Glad you are feeling good enough to ride again. The season has just begun and all of us are itching to get out on our bikes. I'm sure it was a long seven weeks.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Next time bring your camera. Our snowline here in NV is around 5500 feet where Im at.
Your snow line may be 5500 feet, but you probably start close to 4000 feet... We have about the same 1500 vertical feet to play in, I started at the shoreline.:ricky:

Rix

Glad you are feeling good enough to ride again. The season has just begun and all of us are itching to get out on our bikes. I'm sure it was a long seven weeks.
It was, but now we are back in the saddle.

Rix

Your snow line may be 5500 feet, but you probably start close to 4000 feet... We have about the same 1500 vertical feet to play in, I started at the shoreline.:ricky:
Your are correct, never thought about it that way, but the snow line is the same for both of us.

allesad

Sand Mountain, East of Fallon on Hwy 50?

I grew up in Carson City in the 1960-70's, when there was no speed limit in NV outside the city limits.
My Dad would drive us on Hwy 50 to the Eureka, Ely or the Utah border to deer & chuckar hunt, for the day!
Sand Mountain was blip, in the windshield at 110 mph in the big block Bonneville Station Wagon. Gas was $0.25/gallon.

Rix

Sand Mountain, East of Fallon on Hwy 50?

I grew up in Carson City in the 1960-70's, when there was no speed limit in NV outside the city limits.
My Dad would drive us on Hwy 50 to the Eureka, Ely or the Utah border to deer & chuckar hunt, for the day!
Sand Mountain was blip, in the windshield at 110 mph in the big block Bonneville Station Wagon. Gas was $0.25/gallon.
It was near Sand Mountain proper, but I didn't actually ride Sand Mountain itself, need a tail whip flag or the BLM guys will raise hell with me. As far as hunting goes, there is still alot of deer and chuckar hunting going on between Eureka and Ely.

Rix

Had another nice dual purpose ride north of town. Got into some sand and woops. The EXR, even though way soft, handled very well in the woops. Hell, after 10 minutes, I was very tired. Got to get back into riding shape.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Slayer

Rix,
What model handguards you rolling with exactly? I seem to get overwhelmed with the plethora of choices out there and don’t want to end up having to do mods to fit them on the EXR with everything else that is strapped to the bars of the bike.

Rix

Rix,
What model handguards you rolling with exactly? I seem to get overwhelmed with the plethora of choices out there and don’t want to end up having to do mods to fit them on the EXR with everything else that is strapped to the bars of the bike.
Threaded Bar End Insert Kit, Dirt Bike Parts
BRP Hand Guard Mounts, Dirt Bike Hand Guards
CYCRA Hand Guard Bar Pack, Probend Factory Edition Hand Guards

These are BRP Alta hand guard mounts with the top triple clamp replacement piece and the threaded bar inserts. I called and talked to BRP and told them what I wanted and what bike it was for. They got it right. I would call BRP vs placing the ordering by website as there are different hand-guard options.

Top Bottom